MrEarl

MrEarl's Old Buick Barn

I would tell that guy to get his foot off my bumper before he gets

a foot up his A## !!! Who that's YOU!!

LOOKS GREAT !!!!

Bill

Here's Ed's WAG* for the day.  Hook a chain or rope to the hinged part and lift logs with it; the pressure applied by the lifting force would bury the points into the log and up and away you'd go.  Are there any abandoned logging mills close to Mr. Earl's Old Buick Barn?

Ed

*WAG = wild a$$ed guess

Yep, in 1954 we had our 54 Lark on the showroom floor, doctor Schultz was spotted with his FOOT on the front bumper. Dad said "DOC WOULD YOU PUT YOUR FOOT ON A EXPENSIVE PIANO"? , so get your foot off my car.

YEP, Lamar bad,

Dale in Indy

Barn looks SOOOOOOOO GOOD

I would tell that guy to get his foot off my bumper before he gets

a foot up his A## !!! Who that's YOU!!

LOOKS GREAT !!!!

Bill

Yep, in 1954 we had our 54 Lark on the showroom floor, doctor Schultz was spotted with his FOOT on the front bumper. Dad said "DOC WOULD YOU PUT YOUR FOOT ON A EXPENSIVE PIANO"? , so get your foot off my car.

YEP, Lamar bad,

Dale in Indy

Barn looks SOOOOOOOO GOOD

Give me hell guys, I deserve worse.

Thanks though on the compliments.

Here's Ed's WAG* for the day.  Hook a chain or rope to the hinged part and lift logs with it; the pressure applied by the lifting force would bury the points into the log and up and away you'd go.  Are there any abandoned logging mills close to Mr. Earl's Old Buick Barn?

Ed

*WAG = wild a$$ed guess

In fact there was an abandoned sawmill about 10 miles from the house, up until about 2 years ago. Someone bought it and advertised some gorgeous sawmill cypress beveled siding for sale on CL. It had been stacked with sticks for at least 30 years.  I bought every piece he had and am putting it on my new garage.

Very well done. 

Thanks alsancle. and pardon my ignorance but what is that car in your avatar, love the color.

MrEarl, Looks like Pioneer CS-99A 100watt speakers. I brought back the exact same ones from my Westpac/Tonkin Gulf tour in 1971, purchashed in Yokosuka Japan and they will blow the roof off if I crank them up.. Still just as clear as the day I bought them.. Tom

great place there Mr. Earl

Thanks Gary, I've enjoyed it over the years

MrEarl, Looks like Pioneer CS-99A 100watt speakers. I brought back the exact same ones from my Westpac/Tonkin Gulf tour in 1971, purchashed in Yokosuka Japan and they will blow the roof off if I crank them up.. Still just as clear as the day I bought them.. Tom

Ha, spot on Tom. I got mine while on R&R in Tokyo in 1971. Mated with a Pioneer SX 770. Gave it and a set of CS77A Pioneer speakers and turntable to my son about 6-7 years ago, plus bought the same Pioneer set-up for my daughter. At that time I upgraded to a Pioneer SX1250 amp and same CS 99A speakers. Talk about blowing the roof off with old vinyl at that...

A little story goes with the original Pioneer system I bought. We were on a LST headed back to Okinawa, had all the Pioneer gear in boxes strapped down to spare bunks in the sleeping births. Got to Okinawa to disembark, lifted the receiver box, thought it felt light, lifted the speaker box, knew something was wrong. Turns out the swabbies had relieved me and a couple other Marines of all our stereo gear at some time during the cruise home. SOB'S 

What more does Buttercup need to be reassembled?

I guess for her owner to re-prioritize a few projects JD

Chris, Mother Nature will probably eventually disassemble her  but I hope it is long after I am gone. She is starting to need some tin nailed back down and the cedar siding sealed etc, but like the old song......Ain't got time to fix the shingles, ain't got time to fix the floor, ain't got time to oil the hinges, nor to mend the window panes.....

Here's a few more recent shots

b8891b95-be8e-4420-a971-d49396640911_zps

P1010755_zpszreomzbt.jpg

P1010751_zps3gnqshpf.jpg

P1010747_zpszd5p3vdq.jpg

P1010746_zpsculn8fzt.jpg

P1010736_zpsc3ycoozu.jpg

P1010732_zpsmhuf3egs.jpg

IMG_4310_zpsezxg4ufb.jpg

IMG_4309_zpsghuez1rt.jpg

• Like 7

A small time movie producer filmed a short movie over the course of a couple of weeks around the barn and Buick Pond. It was a comedy set during the time of prohibition and involved the head of a lawman being "fished" from a pond. They are still working on it and expect it to be completed this spring.

IMG_2979_zpsebtzjhgq.jpg

IMG_2977_zpssvy1vfma.jpg

IMG_2998_zpsnnxmuszv.jpg

IMG_3008_zpskhswlm5a.jpg

IMG_3040_zpsbapndiy9.jpg

Any questions?

• Like 8

Chris, Mother Nature will probably eventually disassemble her  but I hope it is long after I am gone. She is starting to need some tin nailed back down and the cedar siding sealed etc, but like the old song......Ain't got time to fix the shingles, ain't got time to fix the floor, ain't got time to oil the hinges, nor to mend the window panes.....

This old house once knew my Buicks

This old house once knew my nailheads

This old house was home and shelter as we fought the storms of dynaflow dread

This old house once rang with nailhead valves

This old house heard many shouts

Now she trembles in the darkness when the Buick is rolling out

• Like 2

You did such a nice job creating a sense of history and charm with a modern structure.  Very hard to do.  How many cars can you squeeze in there?

Thanks alsancle. and pardon my ignorance but what is that car in your avatar, love the color.

Thanks Mr Earl. I agonized over the color for a long time.  It is a  Reo Royale built for the NY auto show in 1931 and they painted the whole thing red originally.  I just couldn't bring myself to paint a prewar car red - even if it was originally that way.  I have a restoration thread going here:  http://www.reoforum.net/thread/6/8-48-dietrich-sport-sedan

Very nice.

Thanks Larry.

Well, let us know when it debuts!!!!   

I count it an HONOR to have spent a couple hours there. Neat place. GREAT couple.

Ben

As I said it is just a short film but I will be getting a DVD of it. It was fun watching the filming. Never realized how many times they might shoot just one scene.

I don't see enough empty wall space for that 6'x8' sign you were talking about!

"The wall will be built"  In fact I am considering upping the size to maybe 7x9 or so. Just need to figure out the width and height ratio so I can order and fabricate the tin.

Just a really cool barn you have there sir!  So cool.  I love it!

Thanks Billy!

This old house once knew my Buicks

This old house once knew my nailheads

This old house was home and shelter as we fought the storms of dynaflow dread

This old house once rang with nailhead valves

This old house heard many shouts

Now she trembles in the darkness when the Buick is rolling out

Ahhh, not only a banjo player but a songwriter too.

You did such a nice job creating a sense of history and charm with a modern structure.  Very hard to do.  How many cars can you squeeze in there?

Thanks AJ. I love to just follow my mind in creating things around the farm. I can only squeeze the one Roadmaster in there. Right now I am storing 3 more drivers and a project car in an open front, pole barn which is not good.

DSCN2590_zps18f28b02.jpg

Mr. Earl, two weeks ago YOU couldn't even spell barn ( designer), and now YOU are one.

Dale in Indy

I just go where my mind takes me Smitty.

Thanks Mr Earl. I agonized over the color for a long time.  It is a  Reo Royale built for the NY auto show in 1931 and they painted the whole thing red originally.  I just couldn't bring myself to paint a prewar car red - even if it was originally that way.  I have a restoration thread going here:  http://www.reoforum.net/thread/6/8-48-dietrich-sport-sedan

Checked out your Reo Royale restoration thread AJ. Very impressed, lots of first class work on a very classic and stately automobile. Thanks for stoppin in.

• Like 3

A few more of my fav shots of the old Buick Barn before I start a new thread,  my "Buick Sales and Service Garage" build.

Some real oldies here...

100_6888.jpg

100_6913.jpg

100_6889.jpg

100_3167.jpg

FiftysixandDora.jpg

BuickBarnandBC.jpg

fiftysixinbarn.jpg

90d669dc.jpg

and MrE after a FUN day of pulling parts

100_1663.jpg

• Like 5