Sign in to follow this  
rocky5517

problem with posting pix

I thought I used to see a topic re how the forum works, and it had info re posting pix. Anyone know where it went?

Sam from North Jersey

Since the forum moved to a new host, the information in that thread isn't any good anymore. I finally learned to post pics with the new forum, but it isn't easy. Have to relearn each time I try. Definitely not as user friendly as the old one.

I use the "more reply options" at the bottom right of the reply window.  At the bottom of that next window you can upload pictures from your devices.  All of the pictures that I post are first downloaded to my computer.  That makes it much easier.

Ed

• Like 1

I know Im getting old but thanks guys for letting me know I'm not the only one having issues. With the website, that is.

. . . did you left click on 'attach this file.' before you posted the test Texas John ?

I neglected to do that on my first test post, so the pic was not attached to the post.

However, it did work fine on my second attempt.

You can also preview the post to ensure the picture is attached !

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)

post-91539-143141929717_thumb.jpg

68rivgs,      Yes on both counts. I noticed that all the options on the above tool bar were ghosted out, this time they are accessible. I will try again.

OK, It did not upload from my pc but I clicked on "my media" and was able to attach a photo that I had previously uploaded to "my attachments".

Well,...On my edit screen, it shows [shared media=core:attachments:651558] but didn't show when posted.

Edited by TexasJohn55 (see edit history)