1957 Century Electrical

autonut

I need help with a decent electrical diagram for the 1957 Buick.  The diagram in the Repair Manual and the Product School Manual is of little use.  I removed my speedo about two months ago and finally got it back.  Now I need help to figure out where all the wires and bulbs go.

The diagram in the school manual for instance doesn't even show or illustrate the speedometer!!

Surely there must be a better diagram than this available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  It has been a long time, getting all the pieces together for this auto to get it on the road. 

Send info to auto.nut@charter.net or call me @ (509)967-2723

Lee

Not much help, but I agree about the service manual, some stuff seems to be covered well, but other stuff is terrible

Pulling the engine ect from mine, I basically had to wing it, even engine repair stuff isnt that comprehensive

You will find (unless you have re wired it) that when you connect a few known wires, a lot of them will want to naturally sit where they need to go, But concentrate on one circuit/section at a time

As an auto elec, I sometimes have to put things like this back together

Mick

Lee:  I currently have my dash pad off.  I could attempt to take some photos from over the exposed top area in between the inside of windshield if this would be of any use to you from this angle.  I will take the photos tomorrow and if you need them I will send them. Just let me know.

Guest Rob McDonald

YIKES! I've never seen such a brutal (effective nevertheless) method of removing an instrument cluster. But there you have you answer, of which wires go where. I'm curious - what are they asking for these entrails?

Edited by Rob McDonald (see edit history)

Looks like the way some of that stuff was cut up from the yard that went to the scrapper in my area.  More than one guy was just hacking off stuff with any tools they could.  One guy was taking steering wheels by cutting the steering columns with a battery powered sawzall.  He even hacked off the wheel in Matt's 47, ruining the column in the process.   Another guy brought an electric sawzall with a small generator to cut stuff off.  It wasn't pretty, but it was quick.