Remy 917-R Starter

STuTZ693

Het Scott,

It has been a long time since the Milwaukee Masterpiece in 2011!!

I am looking for a Remy starter 720-J.  I will check with Jason.

Hope all is well with you.  The Studebaker gas gage you gave me has been modified and is working great in the STuTZ.

Do you know a good source for a muffler?  The STuTZ uses a 5" diameter body about 24" long with the in and out in the center.

i put a muffler on from a 1951 international truck and I think there is too much restriction.

Hi Dan,

I think I still have two Remy 720C starters but both suffer from the end casting pot metal disintegration issue and have broken front mounting flanges (Studebaker flange design).  So basically I have a couple of center housings, armatures, bendix units, field coils and brushes.  If that doesn’t help, recall the solution I shared with you for my 720C?  I used a Delco-Remy 1107075 center housing, field coils and end plate.  All I had to do on mine was to re drill and tap the bolt holes (and locating pin) in the front housing (that bolts to the car) to clock it into the correct location.  I then filled in the four screw holes that the solenoid mounted to and bought a new Remy ID plate. It works great.  The housing length should be the same so your armature/bendix should fit right in.

I bought my entire exhaust system from Waldron's Exhaust http://waldronexhaust.com/.  Perfect match to the original. 

They don't specifically mention Stutz but they may be able to help you out.

Scott