Chevrolet Corvette Kaiser Darrin

nick8086

Many online auto sale sites only allow you to select the make and model from a drop-down list.  I suspect that a European web site doesn't even offer Kaiser or Darrin as options on the drop-down menu.

The design team should have been over ruled by company executives and fireed. It looks like it was designed by a high school hobby class! Wayne

I have to heartily disagree. The front end may be a bit odd looking but it was the beginning of the Space Age. All bets were off. No better/worse than the Bullet Nosed Stude, the Edsel and other oddities of the immediate post war era. From every other view, be it side, 3/4 rear or full rear, it is a pretty handsome car. Lots of Brit/Euro cues

Catching them without makeup can be a bit disconcerting.

062713_1.jpg0255500400004.jpg?d41d8cd98f00b204e98009

They need to be looked at in their context. A few days ago I brought a 1948 Hudson Commodore Eight into the garage for service. It is parked right in front of my 1948 Packard Deluxe Eight. It's a bit of a shock that those two chubby gals could have shared a showroom. Short 'fat and Tall 'n fat. Step down and tombstone.

If Superman wasn't flying I bet he'd drive a Darrin.

Bernie

What strikes me about the Kaiser Darrin is how nice it looks in person with the exception of the nose.  I'm not sure Dutch Darrin penned too many ugly designs.   I prefer the interior over the Corvette.

Just would like to have seen a better nose and at least some performance hop-ups to the engine.

At some point in the 1980's there was an auto parts on the west side of North Chili, New York on RT33. A Kaiser Darrin was sitting in front one day and the next day, when I went to follow up, it was gone. Anyone remember that car?

Bob?

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)