Sign in to follow this  
mark_andrews

Hood props?

Hello everyone! The hood props on my TC don't work anymore; they're not strong enough to keep the hood up. Is there any way to fix them? Or do I just have to install new ones? If so, where do I get them? Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

Mark

Guest DadsReatta

If you are talking one of the 90ish ones, you can get hood struts at about any auto parts store for it. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone! The hood props on my TC don't work anymore; they're not strong enough to keep the hood up. Is there any way to fix them? Or do I just have to install new ones? If so, where do I get them? Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

Mark

Take one off and go to most any parts store.. They will either have them by part number or you can match it up to what they have on display.

I have had very good luck buying them at Pep-Boys for around $20.00 each. The price may have gone up some since I bought my last pair, even so, they should still be reasonably priced there.

• Like 1