Sign in to follow this  
janvestre

1932 Studebaker Tail Lights

Hello,

I am looking for a set of tail lights for our 1932 Studebaker Six Model 55 Convertible Sedan. I know it's hard to find original parts, but maybe someone has a set of tail lights that can be used anyway.

Best regards,

J. C. Vestre

post-121587-0-12950900-1446380567_thumb.
Edited by janvestre (see edit history)

No, the Six and Dictator used round tail lights. I might add that none of the '32 models came with two tail lights as standard equipment. Having a right side tail light on a LHD car was extremely rare.

Edited by studeq (see edit history)

The round 1932 tail light was only used on Six & Dictator for that one year, they didn't carry the oval theme on the lower models.  It was produced by Corcoran Brown and is stamped COBRO on top of the housing.  It was made of drawn or spun brass and plated.  They had a tendency to crack and splay apart over the years and that's probably one of the reasons they are impossible to find:  lenses are even tougher to find.  I think Rockne used a similar tail light assembly, I saw one at a swap meet a few years ago that was tagged as Rockne.  I am certain somebody has one of the COBRO lights sitting in a pile of old unidentified car parts in their shop somewhere.

Edited by 32mod55 (see edit history)