1946 SPORTSMAN SALES BROCHURE

Guest '35 WILLYS 77

Guest '35 WILLYS 77

I just purchased an"Excellent" condition 1946 Sportsman Sales Brochure. Guess this will be the closest I'll get to Ford Wood - of whatever body style!!! How rare are the Sportsman Brochures? Wagon stuff must be somewhat rare as well? What are your thoughts on this topic? Thanks much for your replies.

Yes all "Woodie" station wagons are fairly rare. Mother nature was very unkind to them. Wood and most of the elements do not play well together. The UV rays from the sun breaks down the varnish finish and the rain and snow destroy the wood. Station Wagons were also a low production model. They cost more than Coupes and Sedans and required a lot of maintenance. As far as the Sportsman brochure. If it is just about the Sportsman it is rare and you should have no problem selling it to a Sportsman owner. If it the one featured in the 1946 brochure that covers all the models, it is fairly common.

If it is just about the Sportsman it is rare and you should have no problem selling it to a Sportsman owner. If it the one featured in the 1946 brochure that covers all the models, it is fairly common.

Never really looked for a Sportsman brochure, but they might be more common than one thinks.  For example, in 1958, there were only 159 Packard station wagons produced, but there are still plenty of the single-page color sheets dedicated to the Packard station wagon around, and can usually be found for under $10 for one in excellent condition.

Craig

Guest '35 WILLYS 77

The "Sportsman" Brochure is the smaller single page version - like I stated in excellent condition. Nice literature to have. Even though I don't have a Sportsman!!! Have always been a Wooden Car fan - the best of two worlds.