1956 Buick Exhaust Tips for everybody!

Guest Mike12st

Guest Mike12st

I have brand new stainless steel 1956 Buick exhaust tips for anybody interested. Please email me at m.alexander199@live.com for more information. Thank.you. Multiple sets.

Guest Mike12st

They are the exact ones off of a 1956 roadmaster. I am not sure exactly which series. If you can tell me the difference I can probably help you

Mike, that answer's my question, but for your information, the Roadmaster models are series 70 cars, Supers are series 50, Century are series 60, and Special are series 40.

In '56 the Super was very similar to a Roadmaster, same wheelbase and body styles, but in earlier years, the Super was smaller, like a Special. That's the short answer, at least.

Is the price to be made public? I do have a '56 Roadmaster, 76R, the right one is/was NOS, but the other is a small series tip, so I would consider buying new tips for my car.

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)

I believe the tips are the same for all series with the dual exhaust.  There was a factory accessory that looked similar to the dual exhaust tip in that it was shaped as a rectangle at the outlet. But it's a completely different tip.  The ones, as made by Mike, attach to the rear bumper support.  The other style just clamps to the exhaust pipe. 

Leif, thanks for the pictures of the trim tips. That is what is on the left side of my Roadmaster, but the right side has the correct one.

Quite a few years ago someone told me that the trim type were for the 40/60 series cars, which is what I have believed, but if I was misinformed, that's fine too.

Keith

• 2 years later...

This is a very old post, but does anyone have a set of 1956 Buick exhaust tips for sale?  I just rechromed the rear bumper and these are a must to complete the car.  Sure hope we don’t have a fab a set like the J Bars.

thanks, 

ashk9@comcast.net

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2015 at 7:19 PM, Buicknutty said:

Mike, that answer's my question, but for your information, the Roadmaster models are series 70 cars, Supers are series 50, Century are series 60, and Special are series 40.

In '56 the Super was very similar to a Roadmaster, same wheelbase and body styles, but in earlier years, the Super was smaller, like a Special. That's the short answer, at least.

Is the price to be made public? I do have a '56 Roadmaster, 76R, the right one is/was NOS, but the other is a small series tip, so I would consider buying new tips for my car.

Keith

The Super was always a larger body/chassis than the Special 

5 hours ago, Y-JobFan said:

The Super was always a larger body/chassis than the Special 

Sorry if I wasn't as clear as I should of been, as I'm well aware of the size differences between the older series Supers, and the Specials. My point was that the Supers in '56 were almost identical to a Roadmaster, but earlier ones were a lengthened, and slightly dressed up Special, as they shared engines, etc. in the straight eight era.

Keith

I thought you were talking the 50's Supers in general, believe that full change to the same body as Roadmaster started in 1951,  having had a 53, 55 I know they shared the exact body/size with Roadmaster and totally differed from the smaller Special