'64 Starfire Rear Suspension Control Arm Bushings

Bee-Oh-Pee

Can anybody tell me definitively how many different sizes there are among the 8 bushings for the rear control arms? I see some places that do not differentiate between upper & lower, and I see at least one listing that says front and rear of same control arm take different bushings.

Also, has anyone found that the full-size Olds arms interchange with anything else, such as the same-year chevvy?

Thanks in advance....

Edited by Bee-Oh-Pee (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

hi, while olds and pontiac shared the same 9.3 rear end, you'll find that the frame of each is different in many ways. you should look at other years of oldsmobile within a year or two of your 1964 starfire, or regular olds 98 models. i don't believe you'll get any interchange with chevy.

hi, while olds and pontiac shared the same 9.3 rear end, you'll find that the frame of each is different in many ways. you should look at other years of oldsmobile within a year or two of your 1964 starfire, or regular olds 98 models. i don't believe you'll get any interchange with chevy.

Chevy of that vintage used a completely different chassis and suspension.  The rear suspension on the Chevy was a three-link, not a four link.  As with the front suspension bushings, the rears only interchange on the 1963-64 Olds full size cars.  If more applications interchanged, there would be more parts on the market.  USA Parts Supply (among others) sells the rear bushings.  All eight are the same.  They are outrageously expensive exactly because they have limited applications and thus a very small market.  The vendor has to amortize the tooling costs somehow.

Thanks, folks. Joe, i think you had answered my question in a different post. It's better to have the parts available than not.... At least they minimized the confusion and kept all 8 the same size. Buying front-end components for these cars is always fun, as well... :o