Truck tire tubes

Guest BillP

Hi All,

The truck in my avatar has has 20,000 miles on it and uses the original 1939 inner tubes. The tires are recent Goodyear Hi-Milers, 7.50 x 20. The right front tube leaks down slowly (months) and after going out to the barn to inflate it yet again, I figured it was time to go tube shopping. Note these are extended, truck-style brass valve stems and I'd like to stay with that. The wheels are split rim. 

I know there has been some chatter about inferior off-shore inner tubes. What is the recent experience, and is there a brand to either avoid altogether or seek out?

Thanks, Bill

Guest Dick Whittington

Purchase radial tubes from a reliable supplier.  Radial tubes have a better construction that the old bia ply tubes.  

Coker or Miller are two sources that come to mind

I installed a pair of 30 X 3 1/2 Firestone non skids on my '15 T roadster complete with Firestone tubes and used 1956 air to inflate them. They have given me many thousands of pleasurable miles through the years. About 10 years ago I replaced the wheels with a set of NOS(yes they were) wheels and new tires and tubes. The old ones were recycled under a 1914 "roller" roadster being put together for an original correct restoration. When that project is done they will be recycled again, never having been down, still holding the air I put in them 59 years ago. I am a Firestone tube fan! --Bob--