StillOutThere

Wanted: '55-56 Dodge or DeSoto HEMI

Want to buy  a running or excellent rebuild candidate '55 or '56 Dodge or DeSoto HEMI motor.   This is not for a hot rod.  It is for a restoration of a historical foreign custom coachbuilt car.  Stock 4bbl intake manifold preferred.  Complete with stock exhaust manifolds.  Thanks.

• Like 1

There are two Dodge Hemis that show up on the Salem and Portland Craig's List on occasion.

One in Salem and one in Portland. I don't remember seeing either one in the last couple of weeks so they may have sold, but may be worth a look once in awhile.

The sellers were reasonable on their pricing so I wouldn't be surprised if they are gone now.

1955 Desoto 291

turns over

heads

exhaust manifolds

intake

valve covers.

Can ship.

Is the intaks a 2bbl or 4bbl?   What about carburetor distributor, plug wire covers?   Any known significant problems, cracks, bad cyl walls?   Thanks

Edited by StillOutThere (see edit history)

What you see in the pictures is what you get. Picture shows a 2 intake. I do not know the history of the engine. It is the last of the dozen Hemi's that was in the estate. I pulled the heads to do a visual check. We do have a machine shop next door that can do all the checks. Call if you want to pursue further.

Thanks

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies above.   I'm currently waiting further info and pics of a couple motors closer to me before following any up.