What YEAR is it?

Linus Tremaine

John , looking at the side of the grill on the close one it might be a 40.  The car coming over the hill in the background might be a 41.

I see what you mean, but it has 1941 bumpers and the headlamp bezel with the parking light bulging on top looks to be 1941, also.

What is the first car beyond the mailbox?  My first instinct was that it was a '34 Ford.  But, the headlights look too small, no horns are visible, the dip of the bumper isn't "saggy" enough, the sides of the windshield appear to slant slightly inward, and the way the front of the fender curves inward doesn't look quite right.  Maybe it's just the photo, or could it perhaps be a '34 Studebaker?  What do you think?  Next one a '40 Lasalle?  Then the easy one, a '37 Chevy;  Squared off fenders o the next one could mean '41 Pontiac, maybe, then about a '40 Chevy.   What's your guess?

Edited by Dave Henderson (see edit history)

What is the first car beyond the mailbox?  My first instinct was that it was a '34 Ford.  But, the headlights look too small, no horns are visible, the dip of the bumper isn't "saggy" enough, the sides of the windshield appear to slant slightly inward, and the way the front of the fender curves inward doesn't look quite right.  Maybe it's just the photo, or could it be a '34 Studebaker?  What do you think? 

Yes....1934 Studebaker.

post-81542-0-95379000-1445725016_thumb.j

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest Dorky Dan

Well, I see a 1941 Plymouth.

I don't.  Definitely NOT a 40's Plymouth.  Best guess ... 1931.  Late 30's and on had the headlights in the fenders.  I have a '39 and this one is MUCH older than mine.

I don't.  Definitely NOT a 40's Plymouth.  Best guess ... 1931.  Late 30's and on had the headlights in the fenders.  I have a '39 and this one is MUCH older than mine.

Dorky D, I think you're looking at the wrong car. If you click to enlarge 1st photo in this string, you should see a 1941 Plymouth (not 40) just under the Western Union sign.

Original question was "What year do we think this (photo) was taken?"  My guess: shortly after WWII.

In any event, welcome to the forum.

Which photo has a 1931 anything in it?