Sad news--Linda Kughn passes

mrpushbutton

I know CCCA members will join me in lamenting the passing of Linda Kughn, wife of prominent CCCA member and collector Richard "Dick" Kughn, last Saturday. Linda was vitally interested in the cars, and an active participant in shows and tours along with Dick. They have very generously supported the CCCA museum building project at the Gilmore Museum and She was a fixture in Detroit's social community, her work on many area philanthropic boards has raised much money for those in need, especially COTS, the Coalition On Temporary Shelter, a major homeless advocate/help group here in Detroit. She took the reigns when Hudson's Department store in the Detroit area (for whom the auto brand was named) discontinued their sole sponsorship of Detroit's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Linda took charge, galvanized the area business owners and managers and created the Parade Company, a 501 © (3) that kept the parade going, to this day. A graduate of the University of Michigan, Linda always wore Blue and Maize proudly, and was at every home game in "the Big House". Personally, she was effervescent in her personality, and carried herself with a classy, professional manner. I had the good fortune to work for Dick and Linda in all phases of their car and train collections for a period of 12-1/2 years.

Information on services:

Thursday, October 29  10:00 AM

First Presbyterian Church

1669 West Maple

Birmingham, MI 48009

The family has not yet indicated preferences concerning memorial contributions. 

Edited by mrpushbutton (see edit history)
  • Like 1