ABS wheel sensors & orange glass globes for sale

Guest Kitskaboodle

Guest Kitskaboodle

Hi, I am selling two items:

One pair of factory (ATE) wheel sensors. Both came from the passenger side front. (one from an 88 coupe and one from a 90 coupe) Unless someone tells me differently, I assume they both will fit 88-90 Reatta's and that they are interchangeable, left and right. Both are in good condition with no cracks in the insulation jacket. I have tested them both with my Innova meter and this is what they are reading: 1.103K ohms and the other at 1.120K ohms. They also come with the original Torx bolts. $75 + shipping

I also have a very nice pair of orange glass globes. These are unique to the Reatta and are often broken. These are getting scarce. As a reminder, the front parking light assembly must be completely disassembled to install these. Get yourself a spare set while you can. $25 + shipping

Send me a PM if interested

The front sensors are the same for both right and left.

The best way to check them is both by measuring the resistance and then with your ohmmeter attached to the connector end, using a screw driver or other metal object pass the screw driver end over and near the sensor end without touching it and the ohmmeter should change resistance by about 15-20 ohms. ( the 15-20 ohms is a memory guess but you will see a noticeable change.)

I have one that is only changing about 5 ohms so I don't think I will send that one out if someone needs one as I am not positive it is good. I know a good one should change more than that.

The front sensors are the same for both right and left.

The best way to check them is both by measuring the resistance and then with your ohmmeter attached to the connector end, using a screw driver or other metal object pass the screw driver end over and near the sensor end without touching it and the ohmmeter should change resistance by about 15-20 ohms. ( the 15-20 ohms is a memory guess but you will see a noticeable change.)

I have one that is only changing about 5 ohms so I don't think I will send that one out if someone needs one as I am not positive it is good. I know a good one should change more than that.

Jim, Thanks for this information on testing the sensor. I hope you don't mind that I have added it to the Wheel Sensor Troubleshooting on Reatta Owners Journal. Please let me know if changes are needed to the way I wrote it.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

I retested 10 sensors, both front and back and found the resistance varied from 1032 to 1059.

I would move the metal object close to the end and sometimes touch the metal and pull it away. Using a digital ohmmeter the variance was between 20 ohms and 42 ohms. A little higher than my previous guess which was from memory.

• Like 1