Very old cars in Newport, R.I. and free party!

Guest G. Wayne Miller

Guest G. Wayne Miller

Please be my guest at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 1, at Salve Regina University’s Pell Center in Newport, Rhode Island, for a launch party marking publication of my latest book, CAR CRAZY: The Battle for Supremacy between Ford and Olds and the Dawn of the Automobile Age, about the early days of the car industry (www.carcrazybook.com). We will have a reading, a signing, great company, fine refreshments – and a display of antique cars on the lawn, including a rare 1904 Oldsmobile and a Model T, two of the vehicles featured in Car Crazy, and a 1912 Packard. The event is free and open to all. The Pell Center is at 518 Bellevue Ave., Newport, R.I., 02840. You may register at Eventbrite

While the book will not be published until November 3, it already is getting great reviews.

“It's hard to imagine Wayne Miller matching the excitement of Men and Speed. With Car Crazy, he has done just that. This is a story rich with corporate war, courtroom drama, world-record racing, and larger-than-life characters -- in particular Henry Ford, who was not just a mechanical and business genius but one of America’s original speed demons,” said Jack Roush, of Roush Fenway Racing.

"A chronicle of the frantic, ultracompetitive, and heroic early days of automobile manufacturing... In his buoyant and charming narrative, Miller sets the foundation for the American century by charting the intense competition, rivalries, successes, and failures of the early automotive industry... A must for car lovers and plenty of interesting material to keep other curious readers flipping pages," said Kirkus Reviews.

"Engrossing and well-written, Miller's study of the cultural impact of the automobile is also a testament to the elements of the vehicle that car enthusiasts find endearing. This work will attract fans of motor sports as well as entrepreneurs and anyone interested in the power of technology to enact social change," said Library Journal.

More at the Car Crazy site.

Hope to see you Nov. 1!

Best,

Wayne Miller

post-146448-0-53122500-1445013170_thumb.

Guest AlCapone

I wish you Good luck and much success! Wouldn't it have been a better idea to wait until it was published to incorporate sales and a signing opportunity! Best regards, Wayne