wishbone

WTB 1938 Packard Six Cylinder Thermostat Housing

My water inlet/thermostat housing is cracked and leaking.  I could try to repair it, but I'd rather just find another to replace it.  If anyone has one or knows of someone who might, I'd appreciate the tip.

thanks, E

Is it steel or cast? If steel and you're not in a rush I have several in my Oregon shop that might work but they are '39 Six or '40 110.

Don,

Mine is cast...but I'm okay with a steel one as long as it fits.  Are they the same size and shape?  How much are you wanting for one?

thanks a bunch for the response, E

Can you post a photo of yours for comparison to be sure mine is similar? Since I won't going to my Oregon shop for a while, if something that's closer to your year and model comes along, go for it!

Don, I ended up JB welding mine back together.  I think it will work in the short term.  I have a bronze casting foundry and think that this is something that will be fun to make a pattern for and cast.  Something a little different.  I suppose I could use aluminum too....anyways, thanks for the offer.

-Erik

That's great and good luck! Using an original is always preferable as long as it can be repaired. You can probably even get it properly welded easily enough. I would still love to see a photo of the outlet to know how close mine is to '38 since I've never owned a Packard earlier than 1939, which is superficially very close.

Edited by Packard Don (see edit history)