Hershey 2015 - Fleamarket Treasures

Wowabunga

Anyone get anything that has them "screaming with glee" happy ?

Thank goodness for the 90/10 % rule as I picked up some killer nice middle skill level Kayak paddles for $30.   Way back in the corner of the Orange Field sat the treasure awaiting me early Wednesday... had them in my truck over in the Green Field and had so many offers I had to hide them in the trailer.   Bought a 2 man Kayak last month for me and Dad to take some time off, I've been working some heavy hours and look forward to the quiet time on the creeks.

One 15x30 green tarp for FREE.   5 minutes before the Friday storm, some guys were dragging it to the trash barrel and when asked what's wrong they told me "It's just too big".   How can a tarp be too big ????

At a dollar table bought 4 old jacks for a dollar each.

Ever since I touched the oars I've been smile'n and thinking about the trip down the creek coming on Tuesday....   A VERY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY SHOPPER...!!!!!!!

post-77523-0-42985600-1444618369_thumb.j

• Like 2

First time ever at Hershey. We were there Friday. I wasn't looking for anything but just wanted to go because its a sin I live in PA but never went. We were pleased to see that driving into park in AM was no problem. Very little wait in traffic. Liked paying to park and no entrance fee.

While we both really enjoyed the meet, I think my wife had more fun than me as when we left she had quite a load for the two of us to carry. She has an antique shop and was looking for good deals on unique items for the shop. She was surprised to see so many non car related gems. Many things were priced at full retail but she has a knack for digging in baskets finding and negotiating for things sellers aren't attached too. We did notice the number of reproduction collectible items made to look old to fool the inexperienced is growing.

We couldn't stay for Sat show but the car corral area was so huge it was like a show in itself. We were amazed at the massive number, variety and quality of cars for sale.

I don't know how each year manages to top the previous.  I collect a lot of stuff and over the week managed to add great items to a lot of different categories.  Found some nice T parts for my 1915 Panel truck project, picked up some superb automobilia including another piece of Royal Doulton, a wonderful early tobacco humidor in the shape of a chauffeur's head, a small collection of original advertising pins, a couple of emblems, some brass era accessories including a nice early clock, some parts I needed for an early lamp, a few pieces of sheet music, accessory catalogs, and best of all, an item I'd been searching for since 1982 - the correct horn for my antique motorcycle.  I'm trying to rearrange my display cases to fit it all in.   A wonderful week it was!!! 
Terry

I stumbled upon a re-chromed grill guard for my 1938 Dodge in excellent condition that I was not expecting to ever see, much less at a booth that was featuring Ford parts. The gentleman thought it went to a Ford car and promoted it as such. Being a MOPAR person, I was quickly scanning booths that had other make parts as I walked by them when I happened to glace over the items on his table and spied it. I knew exactly what it was and what it was for when he told me that he thought it was for a Ford. Seems like every year at Hershey I find something that I was not looking for or expecting to find that fit one of my vehicles. It's what keeps me going back to Hershey each year.

yes,  I found some oversize advertising photo  proof sets for 48 Packards,  Paper items 42 inch wide about 5 feet long. 3 were the same (one damage in one spot.  I will try remember to take some pictures and post them  like 12 add copies on one large page,  maybe it was for the dealers to hang on the wall.  

Edited by packards42 (see edit history)

I Cherry picked around 250 parts for 1500.00.  Time will tell how good I did.  

It's nice to see auburnseeker that someone still shops "hard" at these flea markets.   Enjoyed seeing the pretty colors and boxes pictured :)

As a vendor I've given up trying to make a profit selling.  What I sell is general merchandise and one never knows what I'll be bringing year to year, or show to show.   I brought a tub of OEM 50's-60's GM ignition switches with keys... tub handn't seen the light of day in over 40 years as I just bought them in Sept at a estate auction.....  3 days of swap meeting and didn't sell a single one, didn't have a single person ask me for a price.

• Like 1

My mind thought was and still is to try to get my excess stuff into the hands of someone that could use it. 

I took almost any reasonable price for everything that I had.  I think I sold every item that someone asked me about for just about their price except one item that I only had a super low ball offer. 

Sold more than I bought both in dollar and volume.  :D   Had a great time at Hershey as usual.

Trying to simplify my life with less stuff that I will never use.  :)   I want someone else to use it.