question on 2x4 carb

if i have a 425 single 4 barrel set up and want to put a dual 4 barrel set up on it do i have to change anything or make a modifactions to the engine

I went through a bottle of aspirins when I did this.<BR>Not really hard.<BR>New gaskets<BR>Make a new vacummn line to the brake booster<BR>Make new throttle linkage(shorter)<BR>Chrome air cleaner<BR>New air filter<BR>Kick down switch bracket(for dual quad manifold only)<BR>Distributor recurved for quads, and electronic point system installed.<P>Good luck<BR>Jim Schilf /palbuick@aol.com

Recurveing the distributor to 2x4 specs is HIGHLY recommended by me for ALL 401 and 425 regardless of what intake you are running. smile.gif<P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

I had mine done some time age by Carmen Faso,<BR>North Tonawanda, New York, 716-693-4090<BR>The business card I have now is Quite old, so there night be a different number, mabye some else would have current number. He specializes in NAILHEAD parts. New and rebuilt, I know several people who have had work done by him and all praised work and prices.<BR>Good luck<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

Rivman, why would you want to go find another dist. when all you have to do is recurve the one you have? You should be checking ANY distributor you are running anyway. <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.