1930 Peerless

dnd55

Thank you for mentioning this other 1930 Peerless Sedan for sale in Langley, British Columbia, at Willowbrook Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge. I saw photos of it on a photo-sharing site from July, 2004 but didn't know where in Canada it was. About a year ago I saw a for sale ad in BC and asked for serial numbers with no reply. It was in excellent restored condition but I was never able to verify model or history. In June, 2014 the Peerless was at the Vancouver Collector Car Show in BC. It looks very much like the 1930 in a post of mine from 2 days ago* with a maroon and black, dual side mounts, wire wheels, straight 8 Peerless in Pennsylvania. 

*  "Peerless For Sale Department" thread, post #126

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• 10 months later...
Guest Doug 30 peerless

Hi Jeff.   I found a hood clamp for my 30 under the seat,.  I have 3 now.   Do you know where I can get another. Thx Doug 6043091399.  Jedta@hotmail.ca

Thanks, Doug.

I don't know of a hood clamp like that for sale. You could go back to post #98 on the "Peerless Parts For Sale Thread" and call Gary re: all the parts in Ohio. An earlier post on that thread about a bunch of extra parts in Hawaii doesn't list one, and it was from a different model (1932 Peerless Master Eight), but there could be other pieces left over from the restoration.

Though I don't know the name or address of the new owners...Peerless restorers Brando & Joanne Pistorius in Tampa, FL did a partial restoration of a 1930 Standard Eight, and it went to Washington state. So there's a Peerless almost identical to yours not far away. You could contact them on the Peerless Motor Car Club website: (www.peerlessmotorcarclub.com).

The shop in Florida, Pistorius Collectible Autos, has become an important restoration source for Peerlesses, with seven Peerlesses restored there in the last  4 years: 1926 6-80 2-Door Sedan, a 1927 6-60 Sedan, a 1927 6-90 Sedan, a 1929 6-81 Sedan, a 1929 6-81 Victoria, a 1930 Standard Eight Sedan, and a 1931 Master Eight Sedan. ----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)