AC Fuhrman

1911 Olds Autocrat - RM Auction

I think I saw 'Yellow Peril' on the Great Race quite a few years ago - maybe Ginni Withers was driving it? I don't think it finished but it seems there were postcards handed out?

Anyway a very cool car - lets hope whoever buys it will loan it to our AACA Museum for a while - would go nicely with GM Heritage's Limited.

This is the type of thing I look forward to at Hershey, seeing some really unusual and special things that just aren't often shown. Last year there was a wonderfully restored Mack trash truck in the car show on the very same grass with a Phantom Rolls Royce and Chrysler's Chrysler. And who can forget the Paige airplane in the flea market?

It was on the Great Race in the past but my memory says the Withers' drove a different Autocrat.  I think Phil Bray drove it on the Great Race.  In any case it is a special car and I wish I could park it next to the rest of my Oldsmobiles. 

Yep, he did.  The car had overheating problems for quite sometime.  After Phil made new jugs I believe that was pretty much a thing of the past. 

Want to see it in person?  Make plans to attend the Elegance at Hershey on June 12, 2016.  It just might be there!!!  The car has another great owner and it is staying close by! 

• Like 1