A 60s-looking large (Ford ?) sedan

Guest Aero7MY

Guest Aero7MY

Hello, greetings from Malaysia. A few weeks back, I stumbled upon this rare vintage, but I've yet to find out what it really is. I came across this forum earlier, and I thought this was the best place to ask !  :D

I'm quite sure it's an American car, as it's left-hand drive (it should be right-hand drive if it were Australian). I'm also guessing it's a Ford, by that badge on the front. I don't know how or when it got here, as left-hand drive cars are extremely rare in Malaysia, and are usually for auto exhibitions only.

Could anyone here help me identify this car ? Many thanks in advance.  :)

post-154915-0-29471800-1443714162_thumb.

post-154915-0-38411500-1443714183_thumb.

post-154915-0-42388000-1443714172_thumb.

post-154915-0-68039000-1443714194_thumb.

Guest Aero7MY

Welcome. It is a 1959 Ford Fairlane 500 with what appears to be later Ford truck hubcaps. The badge on back that says "ENGLISH" usually indicates name and place of the original dealer.

1959 Ford Fairlane 500.

Terry

Wow, I would have never guessed ! Thank you drwatson & Terry for helping identify the car, I appreciate it.  :) 

Most of the older Fords sold here were from Ford U.K. or simply rebadged Mazdas. It's so rare to see American Fords here, not even the newer ones.

I will certainly look up more info on the Ford Fairlane. I definitely love how it looks, a real blast from the past ! haha

Thanks again.

Guest Aero7MY

The badge on back that says "ENGLISH" usually indicates name and place of the original dealer.

Thanks for sharing this extra info. In the original, uncompressed photo, the dealer badge reads 'ENGLISH - High Point, N.C.'. I couldn't find anything online on this dealer, I'm guessing they're long gone now.

If it's true that the car was from a North Carolina-based dealer, then it's a long way from home... 9,750 miles to be exact. haha