1937hd45

Your HERSHEY Parts LOAD

Just wondering if it is worth the time to load in some 1969  - 1990 era parts, do those owners look for stuff at Hershey or is not worth the effort? Bob 

AACA uses a format of 25 years, so a 1990 vehicle is considered within this range. 

Vehicles of this age and older are welcome at AACA National Events.

I would think that the part necessary to maintain and restore them would be a welcome addition in the eyes of some of our attendees - Good Luck !

I need a radio for my 1989 suburban - preferably with a cassette player. :)

AnniesSS,

I've got the factory AM/FM/Cassette Radio in the '86 Suburban , but the cassette tape player is probably not working properly - haven't tried it in a while.

Are you looking for a factory unit to have restored?...

or a good modern unit to adapt?

Don't have the Hershey rules close at hand but I think they actually allow 15 years old and older for parts, so people getting cars ready for when they are 25 years old can find needed parts. How well the newer parts sells depends on what they are just like older parts.

Fifteen year old parts! I think the cutoff for parts back in 1969, my first Hershey, was 1940. Bob 

That was 41 years ago, remember how you could skate on the mud there, buy old stuff and flip it the next week at Hershey. Bob 

Hi!  I don't want a modern unit - those are too easy to come by and would ruin my HPOF ;)  I need an original (working) unit.  Our drive to Hershey in a few weeks is going to be rough without music! lol  Some of the units have different plugs in the back - found that out the hard way when I thought I found a good unit a couple of years ago, but couldn't plug it in to try it.

AnniesSS,

I've got the factory AM/FM/Cassette Radio in the '86 Suburban , but the cassette tape player is probably not working properly - haven't tried it in a while.

Are you looking for a factory unit to have restored?...

or a good modern unit to adapt?

Just wondering if it is worth the time to load in some 1969  - 1990 era parts, do those owners look for stuff at Hershey or is not worth the effort? Bob

If you are selling parts, their popularity depends

on how popular the cars are. I suspect parts for

muscle cars, or NOS for Buick Reattas and Cadillac Allantes

and the like, would sell well if fairly priced.

Junk parts from a 1990 Toyota minivan might not--

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

if It's new old stock or pristine takeoff You will have some market.  If it's run of the mill stuff you just couldn't see going to the crusher from a tired old car you will probably have a very limited market and bring most of it back home.  Price also determines how fast you sell it.  If you want top dollar you will probably bring it all back home.  Seems everybody wants a deal.  If they think they can get it cheaper somewhere else,  they will wait. 

I totally agree! If it is exceptional you have a good chance to sell it. If it is exceptional and very cheap you have even a better chance. Run of the mill newer parts will likely have a return ride home! If seems that everyone at Hershey is looking for a bargain! Wayne

I suspect that the scrap scavengers could have made out after a disgusted seller moves out and puts his junk in the empty spot a couple of spaces over.

On the other hand a guy a few spots away keeps his box van full with all the stuff that didn't sell last year and never unloads it until next year. Same old junk and same old high prices. It looks like he never went home.