golf cart rental

mikzjr@aol.com

I find the prices for the golf cart rentals total robbery.  I am using my own and am bring it from home ( I am handicapped). Show policy states that only electric carts are allowed.  The problem here is the real  risk of running out of charge.  The promoters state that there are charging stations but ,as anyone with an electric cart knows, charging can take 6 hours or more.  Their policy of banning gas powered golf carts is really unfair.

This discussion was had last year also.  By now, most rentals are booked, but you can bring your own electric, as mentioned.

Either way, I believe they have to be registered with the meet officials, to be "legal" on the fields.

You do not have to be handicapped to use one, which I find fascinating.

I, for one, am glad that no gas powered units are allowed.  The noise and fumes would be aggravating, and invariably one would be parked with the exhaust pointed right at one's face....

I think the golf karts get sold out pretty early.  Your best bet is to buy an electric cart.  You can get decent one off Amazon to your door within 5 business days for 500.00.  It does need to be registered but that just means going to the AACA tent and they will give you a sticker.

And please don't tie a tin can to a string and drag it.   The most annoying thing in the world.

And please don't tie a tin can to a string and drag it.   The most annoying thing in the world.

Ugh, whenever I think of Hershey, in my mind I hear that "dink, dink, dink" sound of a tin can bouncing along the pavement. I think that's the sound you hear just before you go crazy...

Thank god for no gas carts. Can you imagine the cacophony of noise and smells with those thing belching and farting through the crowded fields? No thanks.

Ugh, whenever I think of Hershey, in my mind I hear that "dink, dink, dink" sound of a tin can bouncing along the pavement. I think that's the sound you hear just before you go crazy...

Thank god for no gas carts. Can you imagine the cacophony of noise and smells with those thing belching and farting through the crowded fields? No thanks.

It's enough just dealing with the old timers belching and farting their way thru the crowded fields.

In 1974 I had my first chance to go to Hershey, BUT I was relief man in a power plant operation. One guy decided to get married and go on his honeymoon that week. AND celebrate that week for the next 10 years! All in all it wasn't until 1990 that I got to go.

I got off 81 at Manada Hill and came down 39. I'll never forget coming over the hill and seeing the meet spread out in front of me; balloons all above thousands of people and tents everywhere. It was great.

I have never seen anything annoying, no one has farted,I never walked too far, my car never slid down a hill on wet grass, I never ate a raw turkey leg, my feet never hurt, AND I only remember it raining one time.

The last year I was there I split the cost of a golf cart with a friend. I don't remember my cost, either $100 or $200. It was sure nice to ride. The cost? Well, I took two days off work, drove round trip 700 miles, paid for two nights in a motel, bought all my meals in restaurants or the perfectly cooked turkey legs. I really do forget what I pay when I'm happy. The only way I'd know is by asking the pale old guy wearing the blue uniform pants and taking a quarter tip out of his leather snap change purse.

The one thing I do love is all the characters, especially the ones whom work sooooooo hard to live up to a stereotype. Watch that big smile when I see you, There's a stereotype for me, too.

Bernie

Oh, that guy in the power plant got divorced in 1990.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

It's enough just dealing with the old timers belching and farting their way thru the crowded fields.

I don't know about the rest of you, but all of these sounds are the warning signs I use at Fall Hershey to avoid being run over from behind by Golf carts and Personal Mobility devices. I must say I do prefer the soda cans as warning devices over the other options.   :D

• 2 weeks later...