1941 Lincoln Continental Cabriolet for sale

Phil Knapp

]I posted this ad some time ago.  I have received several inquiries, but no action.

This is the car that I have wanted – ever since high school and I have owned it now for several years, but I can’t take it with me and I don’t want to be buried in it! I can send a Power Point presentation of photos on request. kcd@n8fusion.com

This is a relatively un-molested, mostly original, extraordinarily rust-free car with only 84,000 miles.

I have owned this car since March, 2007 and I can trace its ownership back to 1969.

I have done a complete brake job, including a power booster concealed in the left front fender, a set of 5 new Coker Firestone 7:00x16 tires and a Dan Krehbiel “bullet-proofed” rebuilt Columbia overdrive axle.

I need to sell this car and have reduced my asking price to $50,000 or any reasonable offer for the car.

Remember, there were only 400 Continental Cabriolets produced in 1941, many of which have been “Over-Restored” (Trailer Queens) or “hot-rodded” to increase performance, making this “ORIGINAL” car VERY rare!

Also, bear in mind that 1941 Lincolns are UNIQUE cars.

1. In 1941, Ford strengthened the chassis and running gear while retaining the pre-war styling, thus making the 1941 Lincoln the “best of both worlds”.

2. Tread width is wider.

3. 16x5 inch wheels are 1941 ONLY. (A favorite of wheel of Hot-Rodders.)

4. Front brake backing plates have no offset, making 1941 front brake drums unique.

5. 1941 was the last year for the Columbia 2-speed overdrive axle and the first year for the Borg-Warner transmission overdrive. 1941 Lincolns could be ordered with EITHER or BOTH overdrive options.

6. 1941 Convertible tops are operated electrically. 1940 tops are operated by vacuum. 1942 and post-war are hydraulic.

512 818-3884

Phil Knapp

email: kcd@n8fusion.com

LZOC 539

Edited by Phil Knapp (see edit history)