Tip of the day part 2

Seafoam65

After what happened with my previous tip, I have moved my computer into a mortar

proof bunker located a quarter mile below ground directly beneath Funk and Wagnell's back porch!

Take this tip at your own risk......If anything goes wrong I disavow all knowledge! For those of you

with a first generation Riviera with a nice original headliner, be advised that due to the shape of the

roof and windows on these cars, if you drive at highway speeds with more than one front window rolled down, the wind coming through the windows horribly buffets the headliner, which would undoubtedly

eventually result in the seams coming apart. I did this test on my car to make sure if it was safe to

drive at speed with the windows down and determined that one front window rolled down is OK, but not

both, and all 4 windows down buffets  the headliner like a hurricane. This is my tip of the day, and be advised that this message will self destruct in ten seconds.

After what happened with my previous tip, I have moved my computer into a mortar

proof bunker located a quarter mile below ground directly beneath Funk and Wagnell's back porch!

Take this tip at your own risk......If anything goes wrong I disavow all knowledge! For those of you

with a first generation Riviera with a nice original headliner, be advised that due to the shape of the

roof and windows on these cars, if you drive at highway speeds with more than one front window rolled down, the wind coming through the windows horribly buffets the headliner, which would undoubtedly

eventually result in the seams coming apart. I did this test on my car to make sure if it was safe to

drive at speed with the windows down and determined that one front window rolled down is OK, but not

both, and all 4 windows down buffets  the headliner like a hurricane. This is my tip of the day, and be advised that this message will self destruct in ten seconds.

Had this happen in a '68 Wildcat Winston - the entire headliner was bowed like an umbrella that had got caught in a violent wind storm.

Fortunately, all the roof bows popped back into their original position, and any future high speed runs were done with the door glass in the UP position !