Scored a couple of NOS gas pedals for the '31!

keiser31

YIPPEEEEEE!!! Got a couple of gas pedals from Ebay today. They are the closest I have come so far to being like my original 1931 DB DH6 gas pedals. There is a slight difference in the way that they mount, but they will definitely work. I have searched for years for something close. The big difference between these and other pedals is the "heel rest" that holds your foot above the floor and firmly on the pedal..... 

post-81542-0-24956900-1442942937_thumb.j

post-81542-0-39784000-1442942953_thumb.j

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Interesting. The pedal and running board pattern on the DC are the other way round: the wide smooth parts are depressed and the narrow ridges are raised. I can't imagine having my foot on the pedal as you say: I can't get back far enough to be able to do that! Legs too long... There is repro. running board mat with that pattern but not the other way.

Interesting. The pedal and running board pattern on the DC are the other way round: the wide smooth parts are depressed and the narrow ridges are raised. I can't imagine having my foot on the pedal as you say: I can't get back far enough to be able to do that! Legs too long... There is repro. running board mat with that pattern but not the other way.

Here are the repro running board mats for my car....

post-81542-0-63756200-1442954365_thumb.j

post-81542-0-70638200-1442954398_thumb.j

Where did you find those (running board mats)?  Are they the same as on a DL?

I think I got these from the previous owner of my blue '31 DH6 coupe. I believe they were sold as 1932 Plymouth mats. I think that the pattern of the ribs on my new pedals is slightly different than the original pedals for my '31, but it is so close, I am certainly not going to worry about that. The mat pattern may be a different pattern as my original '31 mats, too.

Restoration Supply sells matting similar to Phil's very nice originals, but the pattern, although a very close match, is twice the size of the original. The eighth inch solid strips are a quarter inch on the new stuff. So far it's all I've been able to find, so I may have to grit my teeth and sacrifice some originality.