1963 Riviera Custom Fast Back.

Rocket 88

Regardless of what  you think of the car, give the guy credit for doing a good job.  You would never know that wasnt a stock car, if you didnt know about Rivieras

+1

Even if you hate it, that's some VERY impressive metalworking. I'm not sure that I dig it, that little dip behind the door doesn't look quite right and it kind of erases the Riv's identity, but holy cow that's a very talented guy putting it together. Wow!

I have to give the guy credit for the work that went into this creation.  Mating a Ford roof to a Riviera took some real effort.  Overall it looks tastefully done and better than some other creations that have been touring the show circuit the past year.  Of course it is all about personal taste anyway.

I agree that the creation and execution are first class, but for me the original roof line, the one that Bill Mitchell saw that one evening on a foggy London street, where he was impressed by the silhouette of a Rolls Royce, with its sharp lines and angles, which was partially obscured in the mist. When you take away the sharp lines of the roof, you no longer have the Riviera of Bill Mitchell's dream, the same car that we've all come to love and admire. 

I had a friend in college who drove a '70 Mercury Cyclone.  To me that roofline reminds me of Alan's car and in no way resembles a Riviera.  My $.02.  :)

Ed  

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That concept would of been an ultimate Riviera , just like the boat tail , I've also saw a 1st gen Riv with a boat tail , that also would of been awesome , what I like about this one is it keeps the nailhead, now that's class for a newer build custom

Another original "Spruce Green" 63 Riv gone.......The guy's craftsmanship and work is exceptional. To everyone their own and it's their car to do with as they wish but, personally, pangs me to see the originality of these cars modified. Modifications, however, are certainly inspired by the original basic design perfection achieved by Bill Mitchell and his engineers.