what year is this starter/generator

garnetkid

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kcib2u

Hello forumites. 

I just purchased a 1922 Buick Touring (Model 22-6-45).  It has a few missing pieces of course.  The attached pics show my Delco starter/generator (stamped #248-35728) with the missing commutator brush end cover. Does anyone know where or who I might get the cover for this?

Also I'm missing the flywheel cover for the same car (Buick VIH-6 cyl).  My frame number behind the left rear wheel is Frame #711250.  The engine number is #948861.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully Submitted,
KC

post-154820-0-78187400-1443668247_thumb.

KC,

You seem to have a 1921,  (frame #711250), with a 1923 engine (948861).  The 23 engine is the best of the cage valve engines.

The location of the frame # seems odd, should be on crossmember at the gas tank.  23 # are behind left front wheel.

I have a spare flywheel cover.

John

22-6-55 Sport touring

Guest kcib2u

Thanks JB.  It is on the rear left frame member, between wheel and gas tank. Would you sell me the flywheel cover?  Have any idea where the starter-gen cover might be?

Guest kcib2u

post-154820-0-40378300-1443769462_thumb.

When you get the Delco number off of the unit, call Jason at advanced Electricl rebuilders in Michigan to find out what it fits.

I included it my first post.  However, on closer examination it needs to be corrected.  The start-gen is stamped ( #249-35728).  So how would I really get ahold of someone called Jason in Michigan?  An email or phone number might work.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

KC