Buy Gold or Classic Cars in todays world??

lincolnmatthews

You can always tell someone is speaking truthfully about their experience with British sports cars when then mention rapping on the fuel pump with a wrench. I couldn't count the member of times I did that having gone thru a Bug Eyed Sprite, 3 MGBs and a Jag 140. I once changed the pump on an MGB along side an interstate in snowy 14 degree weather.

You can always tell someone is speaking truthfully about their experience with British sports cars when then mention rapping on the fuel pump with a wrench. I couldn't count the member of times I did that having gone thru a Bug Eyed Sprite, 3 MGBs and a Jag 140. I once changed the pump on an MGB along side an interstate in snowy 14 degree weather.

Or a big hammer when you are frustrated and the wrench didn't get the pump started! ;)

Jon.

"...we don't want to loose our hard earned cash that we have in the banks... & go to some world currency that may make our current $ valueless," the original poster said.

Mr. Matthews, there is no talk of the

United States going to a "world currency."

I've noticed that some gold-and-silver

advertisers--probably dishonest--fill their

ads with half truths that serve only

themselves, to frighten people into buying.

Enjoy your cars, invest prudently, but

take all ads with a healthy dose of skepticism!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Well the Gov't is trying their hardest to devalue the dollar.  It's just being really stubborn about actually taking the hit.  China was lobbying to have the yen?  become the standard world currency but their house of cards started toppling  before it took effect.  I wouldn't be surprised if their is something in the works we don't know about as even with the internet we are still mushrooms to those really in power and important stuff goes untold or investigated while they sensationalize stuff that wouldn't get more than a couple seconds on the old days of radio and expensive newsprint.

A few hard assets are not the worst thing to have.

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)