Project '55-63 Driver

Mudbone

Love those videos!  I especially liked the view out front from the dashboard!  Felt like I was riding right there with you!  BTW, I used my headphones and the engine sound was a deep bass purr the entire video.  I really would like to get one of those GoPro cameras. 

I finally had some time to go for a drive and make a video. I borrowed my son’s Go-Pro camera and tried some different camera angles. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGHrlhCmkl4

And I did enjoy, since I could not drive one of mine due to rain (first time in 4 months).  I noticed that you did not have that much trouble with control right away....seems you are getting used to bias ply tires and slow ratio steering and just rolling with the punches.

I took the car out last Sunday for some photos. The weather has been way better that normal around here. Yesterday I removed the entire fuel system from the front metal line all the way to and including the fuel tank. It now has a metal fuel line all the way to the new pump and a short rubber hose from the pump to the tank. The tank I installed is the original tank from 66R as I had found a better one for it. (Video to come later)

post-94171-0-26891900-1447632774_thumb.j

post-94171-0-38755700-1447632803_thumb.j

post-94171-0-73259700-1447632825_thumb.j

• Like 5

• 10 months later...

I have been driving the four door around town and to local shows but not very far. My youngest son calls me Friday night. Hey dad how’s the old Buick running? I say fine, why do you ask? (Side Note) (My son is 32 and has dated some but none last more than a few dates and we never get to meet the girl) Anyway he says, well I have gone out with this girl five or six times and I thought it would be cool to take her to a drive-in theater in the old Buick Saturday night! (The drive-in is farther away than I have driven it) Now I am excited and scared! He only has driven the car once and it was a little scary. But I do want grandchildren some day so I don’t want to be the spoiler. So we went over some basics about the car. He actually brought her over for us to meet before they left. (Nice Girl) Needless to say I was a nervous wreck all evening. Will it start when they leave? Will he be able to drive it safely at night? Will they spill drinks on the original interior? Etc. Etc.  They made is safely home.  Now I can relax…

• Like 7

We made our first road trip Saturday with the four door. There was a chance of rain but we missed it for the most part. About 35 miles one way to Oregon IL. Nice show. Spent most of the day across the river at the craft show. On the way home we encountered a light mist and some wet roads. I turned the wipers on and they would only go up half way. By turning them on and off I was able to keep the center on the windshield clean. (The Model T has a Manual wiper so it was not a big deal) Car ran good. Mud

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:45 AM, MrEarl said:

Come on man..... IFITWREZ , what else?!

Ok, for some reason IL antique extended plates have different  rules. I tried mixing letters and numbers and it won't accept it. IFITWREZ would not fit the car because it was easy. Raise hand once, write check, DONE.

• Like 1