Project '55-63 Driver

Mudbone

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My buddy found One Bid’s older sister! He was driving by an old Chrysler dealership up in Richmond WI. and noticed the Buick in the show room. (It is now just a repair shop) My buddies car outside is a 34 Olds with a Buick T Type Turbo V6.

HPIM8982.JPG

HPIM8983.JPG

HPIM8984.JPG

HPIM8985.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I did yard work all day. I decided to get One Bid out of the garage. (I have started it about every two months or so) It started right up and I went for a drive and put some more premium fuel in it. Two people came over and talked to me about the car. That is what makes it fun! Then I went home and parked it in the front garage next to Project 66R. Project 66R was not happy at all!   :unsure:

20210501_164041.jpg

• Haha 1

Hi, just had an enjoyable few hours (several really) being entertained by your work on One Bid. I had a break from my own project for a change.

Was really fooled by the overheating issue which reminds us all to always check what you are checking with something that you know works. I like you put things in boiling water ( gauges, thermostats) to check they open and close as I no longer have faith in what we buy. Was going to invest in a similar digital thermal tester, but now not so sure 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Checking what a PO has done is also wise as you don’t know to what standard they worked too, if any. He would have been better advised to skip the tunes box and spend the money elsewhere to get it reliable.

Am sure your other project is missing out, but her time will come! All these posts give us inspiration to keep doing what we are doing. I might also try a video too!

cheers

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Mudbone said:

Then I went home and parked it in the front garage next to Project 66R. Project 66R was not happy at all! 

How happy would you be if a nicely dressed visitor came and you were still in your underwear?;):rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/2/2021 at 5:08 AM, rodneybeauchamp said:

Checking what a PO has done is also wise as you don’t know to what standard they worked too, if any.

I like this sentence, as it seems to be what happened with our '55 Special, PO's owners did poor to unsafe work on it.

Keith

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 10:03 AM, Buicknutty said:

I like this sentence, as it seems to be what happened with our '55 Special, PO's owners did poor to unsafe work on it.

Keith

Yes, it was pretty embarrassing when I finally found that it was the inferred thermometer. Electronic stuff can work one day and not the next. I felt sorry for the previous owner as he had done everything to keep it cool but the guy that did his radiator put in the wrong core. As for the inferred, I did get my revenge…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

The floor pan and 90% of the trunk floor in One Bid is in great condition. The rear body mount panel that is spot welded to the trunk floor and the fuel tank framework is in poor condition just like it was on Project 66R. I am planning ahead. Someday this needs to be replaced, so I thought I would start looking now.  (These photos are from Project 66R before I decided to do the frame off)

Body brace069.jpg

Body brace070.jpg

Edited by Mudbone (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/14/2022 at 6:28 PM, Mudbone said:

I was able to get One Bid out of the back garage. Safety first, checking tire psi and brake fluid before going for a ride....... At least I was able to do all this sitting down....

20220514_155738.jpg

I posted this on Facebook and asked what I was checking. Here are the answers I got.

Ummmm trans fluid?

The high performance muffler bearings & blinker fluid?

Looking for fire ants????

Making sure the urinal isn’t clogged

A chrome go faster!!!!

hmm hydraulic fluid?

My '50 Plymouth had the brake reservoir under the floor.?

Making sure it had a floor and wasn't last owned by Fred Flinstone.

checking brake fluid

Brake fluid in the master cylinder.

Checking for water leak?

Edited by Mudbone (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Mudbone said:

I posted this on Facebook and asked what I was checking. Here are the answers I got.

Ummmm trans fluid?

The high performance muffler bearings & blinker fluid?

Looking for fire ants????

Making sure the urinal isn’t clogged

A chrome go faster!!!!

hmm hydraulic fluid?

My '50 Plymouth had the brake reservoir under the floor.?

Making sure it had a floor and wasn't last owned by Fred Flinstone.

checking brake fluid

Brake fluid in the master cylinder.

Checking for water leak?

Five right , or at least in the ballpark.

Ben

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My cars blinker fluid has not been checked since 1979…..heading out to the garage immediately.  This could explain why the paint looks faded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...