DV8

'65 Headlight Adjustment Nut Source?

Look in the HELP section at your local jobber.  There's usually parts like this to be found.

If anyone has a specific Dorman or Help! part number that is a confirmed fit I'm all ears.

That looks like a 1962-70 Pontiac Grand Prix headlight adjusting nut (with screw).

Part number PB160 in the Ames Performance "Full Size" catalog.

$2.00 each from Ames Performance.

Don't know what shipping would be...

post-90916-0-61141000-1442190686_thumb.j

That's definitely the piece but alas they want $10 bucks for shipping too.

I think that as long as the plastic square piece snaps into the header panel, the actual configuration of it doesn't really matter.  As long as the head of the screw fits into the headlight bucket and the screw is long enough, you'll be in good shape.

Ed

The ones Chris posted look like they should work as long as, like Ed said, they snap into place. That will be my plan B but for now I think I found a way to make ordering from OPGI worth my while.  Although, I am hoping that this is the last order I ever place with them.

Start using www.oldbuickparts.com     I rebuilt the car (all almost done) and have yet to buy anything from OPGI

Oh I always check there first and they've been my goto as well but there are very few things that they don't stock and I couldn't find this particular piece.

Edited by DV8 (see edit history)

Hi David

Believe it or not I am pretty sure they are stocked at Lowes in the hardware section.  You will find parts in pull out drawers.  I cant remember which drawer but they are there.  Also there are lots of other hardware items such as grommets, screws, plugs, and speed nuts.  A real goldmine!  Let us know if you find them there.  As I said I'm sure I saw them.

Regards

Glenn McMahon

Good idea getting to know your local hardware store.  Look for the oldest guy there and tell him what you're after.  I found the proper Corbin style spring clamps for the fuel lines in the yellow box in the plumbing section.  Or I should say that BIll led me to them after showing him an old one.

Ed

Start using www.oldbuickparts.com     I rebuilt the car (all almost done) and have yet to buy anything from OPGI

I ordered 4 replacement courtesy light covers from OPGI for $18 a piece. Yes $18 for a plastic cover. After installing I found them on OldBuickParts for $5.xx. Live and learn!

They're also still available over the counter at your local GM parts counter. 

They're also still available over the counter at your local GM parts counter. 

The courtesy light covers or the headlight adjustment nut?

Courtesy light cover for sure, maybe both if you'd take a nut in and try to match it.