Help! interior vinyl molding

akejama

I have looked high and low for the vinyl interior trim molding for a 1965 Jetstar 88 rear window.  I'm looking for the original vinyl or any kind of a substitute vinyl trim suitable for that interior.  I'd like burgundy but I'm willing to paint whatever I can find to match.  If you have a source or found some unique way to overcome the problem of crumbling vinyl trim molding around the windows  please let me know.  I don't know but I imagine I could use 88 olds vinyl or maybe something from another GM model.  Anyone with knowledge please to share with me.  I am lost.

Thanks, Tom  in Indiana

PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THIS INQUIRY TO THE "BUY IT" PAGES SINCE ALL I EVER GET IS A HUNDRED OR SO SCAM EMAILS FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES THAT HAVE EVERYTHING I WANT IN ABUNDANCE.  They don't even know what a Jetstar 88 looks like.

Ames Performance has a 64 full-size Pontiac vinyl rear window molding kit in their catalog.

It might be worth a call to discuss shapes and dimensions.

I'm not sure how close the Pontiac is to your Jetstar.

Here's a link to the item in their online catalog:

https://secure.amesperf.com/qilan/Detail_Web?part_num=PA548B&order_number_e=MzgyOTQ3Mw%3D%3D%0A&web_access=Y

Ames Home page:

http://www.amesperf.com/index.html

Edited by 95Cardinal (see edit history)

Ames Performance has a 64 full-size Pontiac vinyl rear window molding kit in their catalog.

It might be worth a call to discuss shapes and dimensions.

I'm not sure how close the Pontiac is to your Jetstar.

The 1961-64 cars are different from the 1965-up cars.