Winsheild replacement

Guest stefanross

Guest stefanross

Hi everyone.
This is a general discussion forum so I need advice..
I need to replace my vehicle’s windshield.(got a rock chip and then cracked). 

Last month I had restored the headlights from a company named as “Utah mobile auto glass repair” Headlights were cracked as I met with a small accident on the road. I was ready to call the same company as they were saying they would replace it under insurance claim.

Bottom line is that I don't want to use some cheap Chinese glass that is wavy and distorted.

I am looking for a reputable installer in Sandy.
Can anyone explain which brand glass to choose and any good windshield installer in Sandy or should I go with the same company? 

If your insurance company is paying for it, have a glass shop replace the windshield and inspect it very carefully after installation.

If it is not optically perfect, complain and demand a replacement. 

The reason is that the insurance companies in most states are required to use replacement parts that are as good or better than the original.

If the insurance company is not paying for it, inform the glass company that you will not accept a defective windshield before installation. Refuse to pay for it if they install a bad one, as it is not what you ordered.

Guest AlCapone

If your insurance company is paying for it, have a glass shop replace the windshield and inspect it very carefully after installation.

If it is not optically perfect, complain and demand a replacement. 

The reason is that the insurance companies in most states are required to use replacement parts that are as good or better than the original.

If the insurance company is not paying for it, inform the glass company that you will not accept a defective windshield before installation. Refuse to pay for it if they install a bad one, as it is not what you ordered.

Excellent advice ! Wayne

Most windshields are not covered unless you drive a high end car. The deductible is usually more than the cost of the replacement. I've had half a dozen windshields replaced, over the years. and I paid for every one because I carry a $500.00 deductible.

Just be sure the glass people use OEM glass. I've used Safelite a few times and have no complaints. Not sure where they source their glass

I am looking for a reputable installer in Sandy.

Can anyone explain which brand glass to choose and any good windshield installer in Sandy or should I go with the same company? 

Where is "Sandy"?

Here in Florida, automobile insurance companies are required to replace damaged windshields with no deductible.  In other words, if your damaged windshield costs $250.00 to replace, your insurance company reimburses you $250.00.

Good luck,

Grog

"Here in Florida, automobile insurance companies are required to replace damaged windshields with no deductible.  In other words, if your damaged windshield costs $250.00 to replace, your insurance company reimburses you $250.00."

Same here in New York, as long as you carry comprehensive insurance (ridiculously cheap) auto glass is -0- deductible.