Sign in to follow this  
Coffeeguy4

1962 Olds Starfire complete moulding clip sets for trim

Hey all,

I'm putting my 62 Starfire back together.  I got a sweet new set of side panels from Jaswest.  Amazing stuff.  I do not have the original various moulding clips that are used to put the panels on, and to hold all of the trim on for the sides of the car (for the panels and the long pieces higher up along the sides), or the trim for the rear deck lid.  I do have the rocker panel pieces.

I could sure use some help.  I've called various places and mailed some of the broken old clips in for samples.  No luck. 

Let me know if you have any ideas, or if you sell complete sets.

Thanks!

Rick

I found most everything I needed at a local fastener store.Some fasteners looked somewhat different but worked just fine so take your clips in and match them up. This shop supplied fasteners for most of the local body shops in the area This was for my 55 but it's doubtful there is much difference between the two models except the width of the clips....Tedd 

Edited by Tedd Thompson (see edit history)

Rick, PM me your mailing address and I'll see if there's anything in my 1962 and 1965 Body Parts books. If there is I'll copy the appropriate pages and mail them. These books usually have diagrams of the cars' trim and part numbers for the mouldings and clips.

• Like 1

I second the recommendation for Restoration Specialties.  Their catalog has images of thousands of clips.  I was missing a lot of door panel clips for my 56, and was able to match what I needed to a sketch in their catalog.  Perfect.

Frank

I'm in the same situation attempting to install the new JASWest panels. Did anyone come up with the correct clips?

Thanks

Jeff