Fourth Line Of Peerless

jeff_a

I found a new picture1 of a Peerless-Weymann, besides the one in the other thread2 taken in front of the big Art Museum: 20150902161346643.pdf 

..........................................................$3,435 is an advertised price I found for a Peerless - Weymann

alsancle,

The scanner's kaput at the library. It will be awhile until the photo's up, but here's the text of a letter within the Peerless - Weymann ad that won't scan well anyway:

"United Milk Products Company, Cleveland, Ohio

June 18, 1930

The Peerless Motor Company,

Carnegie at East 90th Street,

Cleveland, Ohio.

Gentlemen:

There are a number of reasons why I favor Peerless. To begin with -  and what is of most importance - the product is one of the finest in the higher price range. My new Peerless-Weymann has a super abundance of power, plenty of speed, and is the quietest, most comfortable and smoothest riding automobile I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

There are other advantages in owning a Peerless. As a Clevelander, I pride myself in driving a Cleveland-made product - a company with the enviable record of having built a motor car for thirty years that has always been and is 'all that the name implies'.

Sincerely yours,

Clarence L. Bartshe"

1. Courtesy of  long-time Peerless Owner, Restorer, and Historian Don Bettes

2.  Post #89, "Peerless For Sale Department" thread. That photo also appears in The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942, Kimes and Clark, pg 1165.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...