1930 Dodge Bros 6 cyl 4 door sedan,

Guest Calli Ken

Guest Calli Ken

Great Diagrams, Thank you for those,  I opend word and wrote out  from begining to end of schematic so I had a visual and print discription of where the wires are ran to.

I might not have been clear in my above messages, What i am looking for is a vendor that sells and has in stock,  

1. points for a 1930 Dodge Brothers DD 6 cyl engine .. along with 

2. rotor

3. Cap

4 condesor

I did find wires on a vendors site . 

also the hand book shows a condensor on my distributor,  however there is not one to be found on bottom of distributor.  

I will post photos later today .

thanks again guys.

Guest Bob Call

Try Hemmings Motor News for Dodge parts vendors. Here is a link to an ad in the September 2015 Hemmings.

http://www.hemmings.com/parts/search?0=0&view_type=print&q=Dodge&category_id=127&sub_category_id=131&sort=relevance

You will probably need the distributor model number found on the tag riveted to the outside of the casting.

Edited by Bob Call (see edit history)

Guest Calli Ken

The old points looked like all they needed was a little TLC.......LOTS of material left.......but you'd better figure out where the condenser is located because you won't get a decent spark, if any, without one.......  :blink:

Well it dosnt have a condenser at all from what I see.  so back to orileys tomorrow .. 

It shows a square one is supposed to be on bottom of Distributor (exterior) but no joy. 

Edited by Calli Ken (see edit history)

That explains the weird looking "bottom" in the distributor.

If the correct condenser is some really obsolete thing, like a square or rectangular soldered shut box, you'll have to retrofit something inside it to work unless a round one will fit.

You could mount a condenser externally too for the time being just to get it running....... :)