upcoming meets in Pa

rocky5517

Can anyone tell me the differences between

-Carlisle, Fall, 9/30 - 10/4

-AACA Hershey 10/7 - 10/10

-Hershey Hangover, 10/10- 10/12

If I were to be looking for Riv/Buick Parts, like say, a Star Wars air cleaner, which would be my best bet?

Much thanks,

Sam from North Jersey

Carlisle is for basically for 1950s and Newer vehicles......

Hershey is for basically from the 1900s through the 1960s.....

Carlisle would probably be better ---- you may wish to put out a request on www.v8Buick.com

I have mountains of Buick & Riviera parts -- but NEW only  -- Brakes, ROTORS, DRUMS, Front End, Center Links, Motor Mounts, Fuel Pumps, Ignition, Electrical, and a whole lot more!!!!!

You can call me -- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935.... Long Island, New York.....

As close as you are, you should do both Carlisle and Hershey!

I prefer Thursday for Carlisle, and at least Wednesday and Thursday for Hershey, better yet Tuesday thru Saturday.

It's a long shot you will find a starwars air cleaner at all, let alone in the condition and price you want, at either of these, so best bet is advertise for parts wanted here and on v8buick.com, where several show up for sale every year.  

Happy hunting!

Agree with all advice. If you are going primarily in hopes of finding a Starwars, You'll want to go the first day. Carlisle would be my first choice. 

Be aware that if snagging a Starwars is the only reason you are going, you may be disappointed after taking time off work, turnpike tolls, gas, parking fee, admission fee, and an event priced cheeseburger and fries. If on the other hand you are looking for an entertaining day, some exercise, and finding a Starwars would be the icing on the cake then you should go.

The Hershey Hangover gig is more a touring event for brass era cars......if I am not mistaken.

I have seen all conditions and prices of these show up in the V8Buick for sale forum over several months - year. If you place a wanted ad in Parts Wanted, you'll need up TTT it every 3-4 days to keep on the first page due to the high level of posts. V8Buick has become a great parts place because of the staggering amount of traffic it gets.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

This will give you an idea of what a Star Wars air cleaner might be worth.  Coincidentally a friend of mine stopped in Springfield, MO to walk around the big swap meet they have there before driving on to Joplin so he could attend the H.A.M.B drags and the MO-KAN dragway this week end.  He called me to ask me what I thought of $300 for a Star Wars air cleaner he saw there.  He only saw it and the advertised price.  After we talked for a while, I asked him if it were complete.  He didn't know.  I told him that if it weren't complete he should try to haggle some with the guy.  He called me back to say that the guy was firm on his price, the base was missing, the knob was missing, and there was a rather large hole in the bottom that someone had pop-rivieted a big piece of aluminum to it to cover the hole.  So around $300 will buy you a piece of crap.  Be prepared to have deep pockets if you find a good one that's complete.