Got the '31 L Out

avantey

I got a refreshed enjoyment from our '31 sedan Sunday! 

I got it out and went about 35 miles to a local car show and back with a friend.  What a pleasure to drive- solid feel, stable at about 45-50, plenty of power and pretty comfortable on a very hot day here in upstate NY.

I had the engine rebuilt in 2013, used this car for one tour and for various reasons never drove it in 2014.  We were supposed to do the Hupp tour recently but that was not to be as many of you know.  I also didn't really care about the car show but playing with the car and being around all the great friends we have in the hobby is good therapy right now for me and I am grateful for the friends.

The car ran like a dream- very steady, very smooth and very cool for a 90 degree day.  I am very  happy with my Hupp now!  It is like a new car with the new engine (thanks Steve Bono!) and I see why Hupp competed well with Buick in this era.

• Like 1

Glad to  hear you  got  the  L out  for  some good  touring. I.t  was after the Hupp  tour in  2004 or  about  that time  when  we  followed you  up  to  lake Ontario. Came  back and  about half  way to Waterloo stopped for  a  great lunch and  good  friendship. Those  times will  live  in  our hearts forever. See you at  Hershey.

Keiser21- I thought most everyone knew my cars but I will try to post a pic now.  Haven't done it since the new forum format....

Chuck-   Thanks for the good memory!  It is a little bittersweet right now since I just lost Linda a month ago but that was a very good, fun 'extra' day for that Hupp weekend we hosted.

post-76475-0-19960800-1440299573_thumb.j