Questions

I recently bought a 90 TC with 38,500 miles on it.  It is in excellent condition.  I live in NE Florida.

However, I have a couple of questions:

1.  I am missing a plastic trim cap on the window trim on the driver's side, just behind the door and would like to know where I could find one, and

2.  In regards to the soft top, I am having difficulty keeping the rear pins locked in.  I lock them in, and then when I go to lock in at the windshield header, the rear ones pull out.  

Any suggestions?

For the end cap look a few postings down http://forums.aaca.org/topic/260917-randon-small-parts-im-looking-for/ and find that Marty has them in stock. His business is located in Arizona and he will be open again end of summer.

Latch pins can be sticky, so lift the back of the top out of the well and spray the latches with some WD. Also, they don't latch properly if the top up cycle doesn't complete full run, so for the next few cycles you might want to slap both sides of the top above the latch pins and hold the top switch during both the up and down cycles until you hear two clicks to insure the latching job is done.

Now you have the answer to your latch question, lets see if we can get you working. This http://forums.aaca.org/topic/260147-top-pull-down-mechanism/ will give you some understanding of how things work and my best guess for your problem is the big black switch. 38 thousand miles on the clock and my guess is that this top wasn't on and off enough times to keep contacts clean and the innards are oxidized. You can clean it, you will need to drill a hole in it to get the cleaner where it needs to get and if you hit a contact the switch will never work again. As it's not working now, you have nothing to loose. Do make sure you have power and the cable to the assembly hasn't been pulled loose before you pull things apart and attempt to clean. If the tonneau switch works the fuse is good, if not go to the fuse block first. 

By the way, 1990 # 205329 - Arctic White with V6, black interior and soft top.  Plus a rear spoiler...don't know if it was factory or added, but it adds to the look...

I had a 1992 LeBaron convertable that I put 180K miles on before it went on to the pastures and loved it to death.  This car puts that one to shame on its ride.

• Like 1

My first LeBaron was the GTS 5 door with the 5 speed and the turbo. Went through 4 head gaskets and got rid it while it was still under warranty. Quick as all get out, terrible winter driver.

My Lebaron convertible was a 95, had a 6 cyl, and gave me no trouble at all, after a couple of years of watching it depreciate while it sat in the garage over the winter I turned it over for a 75 MGB. Never really appreciated how rugged the LeBaron design was until the guys at the shop turned a 93 hard top into a Jumper. The LeBaron had a belly made to take the weight of a convertible, with a hard top added it was darn near indestructible. With all things old coming back as new, I expect it will be just a matter of time until something like the Dukes of Hazzard comes back to TV and if it does, I expect to see a LeBaron coupe replacing the General Lee. Of course the rebel flag doesn't fly like it used to and the show would have to change, but flying Chrysler products is a sport that's far from extinct.

My first LeBaron was the GTS 5 door with the 5 speed and the turbo. Went through 4 head gaskets and got rid it while it was still under warranty. Quick as all get out, terrible winter driver.

My Lebaron convertible was a 95, had a 6 cyl, and gave me no trouble at all, after a couple of years of watching it depreciate while it sat in the garage over the winter I turned it over for a 75 MGB. Never really appreciated how rugged the LeBaron design was until the guys at the shop turned a 93 hard top into a Jumper. The LeBaron had a belly made to take the weight of a convertible, with a hard top added it was darn near indestructible. With all things old coming back as new, I expect it will be just a matter of time until something like the Dukes of Hazzard comes back to TV and if it does, I expect to see a LeBaron coupe replacing the General Lee. Of course the rebel flag doesn't fly like it used to and the show would have to change, but flying Chrysler products is a sport that's far from extinct.

yep, I can just imagine the landings... Both front struts coming right through the hood and the engine and transaxle ripping out from underneath.

yep, I can just imagine the landings... Both front struts coming right through the hood and the engine and transaxle ripping out from underneath.

Yep, struts came through the hood on the first couple of jumps and it was a lot more fun to watch than the aunt jemima 500. The car jumped amazingly well and the drive train didn't smear out the belly, that came after the strut towers were reinforced and the strut bearing was replaced with steel plate.