Sign in to follow this  
ford_1919

1925 Oakland Coach For Sale - $11,900 in Northern CA

Oakland was the parent company of the Pontiac and a division of General Motors back in the day from 1909-1931. This car is an original 1925 Oakland Model 654 Coach, today more commonly known as a two-door sedan. More expensive than an Oldsmobile in 1925, the Model 654 had a number of superior features including four-wheel mechanical brakes, disc wheels with baloon tires , centralized controls on the steering wheel, automatic spark advance and a roll-up "Vision and Ventilation" windshield. It was Oakland who introduced its low-cost companion car, the Pontiac in 1926. When the Great Depression hit, many of the more expensive car producers went out of business. General Motors decided to focus on sales of the cheaper Pontiac and drop the Oakland division name all together in 1932.

I have owned this car since 2009 and I must say it has been a great experience. The car is an older restoration (probably mid 1970's) of a solid original and authentic car. The car was rebuilt, repainted and reupholstered, but by all indications, never completely taken apart - Most cars of this era have been worn out, rusted out, and pieced together from junk - but not this car - It is like driving a time machine. Since my ownership, I have gone through the original 44 hp, 186 cubic-inch flat head with new rings, valves, springs, re-babbitted connecting rods, rebuilt manifolds, carlburetor, surfaced head, installed new BF Goodrich WW tires, flaps, new battery, recovered the running boards and much more.

The Oakland draws attention wherever it goes. It is a great tour car that is also parade and car display ready. The car starts, runs, shifts (original 3-speed manual), and stops well. It currently runs on an electric fuel pump, but the original vacuum pump is still in place. I tour the car regularly with the local Model T Club outings and add a little class to the Ford contingent! The original Fisher body and fenders are in really good shape - hardly any indication of body damage or rust. The older repaint of the car is showing some nicks and scratches, but overall the surface is very shiny, Doors are sagging a little. I'd say the car is a great "20-footer", not perfect, but pretty awesome for a 90 year-old authentic vintage automobile. The car has a clean California title, historical vehicle plates, and currently licensed and insured. Included are rare owners and parts manuals, sales brochures and original ads along with some misc. Oakland parts that I acquired. PLEASE... serious inquiries only. I am not interested in any trades, unusual deals or third-party sales or listings. Ideally, due to the rarity of this car, this should go to someone familiar with antique and vintage cars. There are a few Oakland car clubs out there, but not nearly the levels of support that there is for Model Ts and Model As. And yes, this car could make the ultimate street rod or rat rod thing, but keeping it original would be my preference. I am listing at only $11,900 - Far less than the current restoration costs for such a rare and historic vehicle. Car is located in Northern California and I welcome your personal inspection. Best to contact me by phone at 530-878-2491 - Erik Lindstedt

post-107810-0-29226100-1439823024_thumb.

post-107810-0-77975000-1439823135_thumb.

post-107810-0-83698800-1439823239_thumb.

post-107810-0-93464400-1439823350_thumb.

post-107810-0-06195000-1439823466_thumb.

post-107810-0-87012400-1439823585_thumb.