1926 water pump rear cover

hidden_hunter

Hi guys,

Our rear cover cracked in half on our water pump (screwing it up after rebuilding all the other bits with bobs kit!) - has anybody had one made or got a spare one that they're willing to part with? Willing to pay a fair price and cover the shipping here to Melbourne

Only need the rear cover part, the rest of the pump is fine. 

Edited by hidden_hunter (see edit history)

Do you still need a water pump end cover? I have a bunch of these pumps from 1926-28. I believe the Standard and Master pumps are the same but let me know what you have, most of my stuff is Standard 6. I will send you a cover for nothing but shipping costs. Always happy to help Buick guys with parts that are overloading the shelves in my storage rooms.

Regards, Roger BCA #99

Do you still need a water pump end cover? I have a bunch of these pumps from 1926-28. I believe the Standard and Master pumps are the same but let me know what you have, most of my stuff is Standard 6. I will send you a cover for nothing but shipping costs. Always happy to help Buick guys with parts that are overloading the shelves in my storage rooms.

Regards, Roger BCA #99

Thanks for the offer, yep still looking for one - I'll send you a PM

I've got some spare time, so I thought I'd post the findings of our research for the next poor sap that has this problem and comes across this topic (credit to Roger and Erik!)

Basically from what we have find is (some of this is repeated from above):

• 1926 has a different pump from earlier years (27 appears to potentially be different again)
  • 1926 has at least two different pump designs (mine with a round back and like the one above with a tear drop shape)
  • 1926 early pumps don't have a grease point on it
  • Master and Standard pumps are different

• 2 weeks later...

H.H., glad it all worked out for you and you could use the cover. We all got an education. I should have researched this a little more beforehand. Now I'll know more next time. It's cooling off up here and raining. California is on fire and we need it. Is it warming up down there? Bet you are looking forward to touring season.

Roger BCA #99 and Erik

H.H., glad it all worked out for you and you could use the cover. We all got an education. I should have researched this a little more beforehand. Now I'll know more next time. It's cooling off up here and raining. California is on fire and we need it. Is it warming up down there? Bet you are looking forward to touring season.

Roger BCA #99 and Erik

It's been wet and cold here in Melbourne for seemingly months, we're just starting to get 70F days so should be starting to be more palatable to take the car out - in a couple of months when it's 100+ I'll probably be wishing for the rain again. Planning on going on a 50 mile run tomorrow now that we're back in business in preparation for  125 mile run the following weekend