1930 Marquette on eBay

CarNucopia

I like the part of the historic description near the end that states that "$500.00 non refundable due at the end of the auction". I hate buyers /sellers premiums or what ever people want to disguise them as. I have attended auctions for over 45 years. I do understand that the auctioneer is to get their cut for doing the work, which is subtracted from the final amount due the seller. It does not indicate what the $500 is for.

I like the part of the historic description near the end that states that "$500.00 non refundable due at the end of the auction". I hate buyers /sellers premiums or what ever people want to disguise them as. I have attended auctions for over 45 years. I do understand that the auctioneer is to get their cut for doing the work, which is subtracted from the final amount due the seller. It does not indicate what the $500 is for.

In this case I don't think it is a buyers premium, but rather a "good faith" deposit against the purchase price to help insure that the bidder is serious about the intended purchase.  The amount is applied to the final purchase price of the car, and the balance due is debited by that amount.

First car I have ever seen with THREE spare tires. Is that unique to that year Marquette ?

Don't believe that is the case.  Best guess would be the restorer added sidemounts.  On my 1930 60 series car with factory sidemounts (these were optional), a trunk and different bumper replace the rear mounted spare.

Wish it would sell!  Getting tired of looking at it under Buick, Cadillac, LaSalle and 1/2 a dozen other categories!

kind of ironic that they weren't that popular back then, and it seems that fast forwarding 90 years they're still hard to sell!