torque on 32 chevy exhaust gasket.

tcslr

Manifold to block, manifold to manifold or exhaust pipe to manifold?   You should see the topic torque specs below.  It describes how mechanics used to know the torque by the size of the bolt or stud.  On my 1930 Pontiac I tighten the manifold to manifold nuts about 20 ft/lbs, the manifold to block and exhaust pipe to manifold as tight as I can turn my short 1/4" ratchet by twisting my wrist not by using my arm.  I never checked the torque, the gasket didn't leak and the stud didn't break so all was okay.

I hope you used the proper brass nuts.   I had to replace one stud in 1959 (99,000 miles on the car) and have replace the original style packing three times in 100,000 miles .  The last time I used a steel ring from a Corvette.  It has been there over 300,000 miles. Each time I only had to loosen the brass nuts one half turn and then they came off with my fingers.  The original steel nuts were the reason the stud broke.  When I worked in a GM dealership (1959-1973) we never put steel nuts on the manifold to exhaust studs.  We didn't sell many studs but the mechanics loved the brass nuts.

Guest carhistoryforum.com

There should be information avsilable online. If not just do it ear tight but make sure to go back over the bolts as tge piece will adapt and stretch.