Grant Truck

Hi everyone, does anyone have information about Grant trucks, my cousin has a 1 ton truck and hasnt been able to find out any info about this truck, told them i would approach this forum and try to get some info for them, as always thanks and may God Bless, thanks bob

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, does anyone have information about Grant trucks, my cousin has a 1 ton truck and hasnt been able to find out any info about this truck, told them i would approach this forum and try to get some info for them, as always thanks and may God Bless, thanks bob

Hi Bob,

I checked our Grant Truck files.  Unfortunately, our material is limited to 3 advertisements (we have more material on Grant automobiles).  No factory literature either, I'm afraid.  If you would like scans of the ads, we would be happy to email them to you.  Just send an email to: mhocker@aaca.org

According to The Complete Encyclopedia of Commercial Vehicles, the Grant truck was manufactured by Grant Motor Car Corp of Cleveland, OH from 1918 through 1923.  The entry in the book reads:

Grant trucks all used 4-cylinder Continental engines with Grant-Lees 3-speed gearboxes and Torbensen rear axles.  In 1918, this line included 3/4-, 1 1/2- and 2-tonners on frames with wheelbases up to 160 inches.  For 1920, the 3/4-tonners were discontinued.

I would suggest your friend reach out to the American Truck Historical Society's Zoe James Memorial Library, since they have quite a bit of material specific to trucks.  

http://www.aths.org/LibraryHome 

You will want to contact Library Director, Courtney Cesar-Dery.  Her contact information can be found by following the link below:

http://www.aths.org/about-us/contact-us

Hope this helps you out.  Best of luck!

Regards,

Matthew Hocker

Assistant Librarian, AACA Library & Research Center

• 1 year later...

I realize this is a very old thread. But I do have a collection of Grant emblems, decals, etc. I thought I would share a photo from my emblem collection. 

My parents used to own a Grant Six roadster, and ended up meeting an old gentleman who used to test drive all new Grant motor cars before they left the factory. He had a collection of Grant stuff, which I still have. The Grant Truck emblem is part of that. 

Grant truck 2.jpg