Pair 89s Pensacola CL

55chevy

Good thing I have too many cars

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/5168475775.html

Two 1989 Reattas. The red one has 59,000 original miles. Runs and drives. Good body. All there. Needs a battery to start. Interior is rough....$1000. The black one is a bit rougher. It is complete. Needs a fuel pump to run....$500. Both have clear titles. Both have been sitting. I'll make a better deal if you want both.

Good thing for me they are too far away to be practical. The low mileage hard luck case has been my typical purchase (three of four of my Reatte essentially fit that description) and I whip them back into shape. $1500 or less for two cars would be tempting if they were under 100 miles away. In looking at the pics, there is a lot of work there. Paint in the big killer on a deal like this. Interior is no problem for me, I have or can get the parts. But, I am not currently considering any more cars for the fleet. Hopefully someone can make this deal work. It'd be a shame for these both to get scrapped if they go unsold.

KDirk

Guest PontiacDude210

Good thing for me they are too far away to be practical. The low mileage hard luck case has been my typical purchase (three of four of my Reatte essentially fit that description) and I whip them back into shape. $1500 or less for two cars would be tempting if they were under 100 miles away. In looking at the pics, there is a lot of work there. Paint in the big killer on a deal like this. Interior is no problem for me, I have or can get the parts. But, I am not currently considering any more cars for the fleet. Hopefully someone can make this deal work. It'd be a shame for these both to get scrapped if they go unsold.

KDirk

Way too far for me too. The low mile car would be a great fixer upper, as I could sacrifice body parts off the coupe that I'm unsure on the future of. Too much driving though.

Guest my3buicks

I see two parts cars  - by the time anyone would give the low mileage one a good paint job and do what ever else it needs you would be far better off buying a clean original and  have less money in it and ultimately a better car. A clean original shows car and pride of ownership, you can never get that back with these, rode hard and put away wet, no pride in ownership for these poor things in many many years

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)
  • Like 1

True enough. The only possible benefit these cars may have over others of the same general condition is if they have been Florida cars their entire existence and kept reasonably distant from coastal areas they are likely to be low or no rust. Sunbeat for sure, given the paint especially on the red. Clearly one wohld have to weigh the mechanical condition, possible lack of rust and how cheap they could be had as a package deal. Even then, it almost always makes more sense to pickup a nicer one to start pay more upfront for less work and aggravation down the line. If one is inclined - and capable of - to do their own work, including paint, you might come out slightly ahead but it is a crap shoot.

When I see a deal like this go begging I always hope they get parted for anything usable rather than being crushed if they go unsold. Thinking about the amount of usable parts lost to the crusher because a car wasn't worth buying and restoring really bugs me. Having seen the amount of stuff that gets lost to damage and rot when a car sits in the yard for a length of time is sickening not only in the sense of what were good parts now ruined but also when considering the dollar amount of waste.

KDirk