'60 Electra convertible project wanted

Hello,

I have been searching a '67 Electra convertible for quite some time. I have found the right color combination after an extensive search but this find now changed my mind. What I really want is a '60 Electra convertible project.

Acceptable factory colors are Turquoise, Blue (Chalet/Midnight), Red (Titian), and Silver. I don't want the Black/Silver and the Brown/Gold interior, all others are okay.

Can be anywhere, I'm willing to travel.

Edited by 6262 (see edit history)

Guest shorttimer

Good luck with the search.  These are out there if you look hard enough. 

Verde Green is one of my favorite 1960 colors.  Unfortunately, Verde Green and Lucerne Green were not 'recommended' or 'acceptable' factory color choices on the 4867 for 1960.  As such there was no green interior offered for the 4867.  But it could be an attractive combination.   

Thanks for you support, Smartin. I'm following your posts with great interest.

I would prefer a project for a ground-up restoration.

This one looks gorgeous at first glance but seems to have a few issues on closer inspection. It's worth considering, though. But it's neither perfect nor project.

I didn't want to waste your time and I will pull the trigger. I even had the car inspected that you mentioned. But when starting a huge and expensive restoration project that goes on for years one shouldn't take the first car that roughly matches the criteria. And this car has just to many stop signs for me. It's a very rusty stripper without matching numbers - I could bear one or even two of these negative aspects but not all three. There is a huge space between this and 'perfect'. A word I didn't even use. I have pulled the trigger before on a car in a certain color scheme with certain options in a certain condition and squeezed a ton of fun out of the restoration. And still enjoy it years later. I'm not ashamed of considering extensively what I want. And yes, I'm picky, but as far as I know this is not uncommon in the old car hobby. I know many people that search for years. 

OK 6262:   Matching numbers on a 60 Electra convert? Stripped? Color? Project?  I think you may reconsider your criteria. It's obvious you are in the dark. If you want to search on your time and your dime that's your business. I feel that making a hobby out of looking at prospective cars to by would be most disrespectful of other people's time unless you really knew what you wanted.  Mitch

Mitch, yes, I want to enjoy a restoration of a car that has one of five factory colors, maybe a few options and I would prefer the original engine. As I said, I had the discussed car inspected. That's serious interest from my point of view. I have opened two threads within a year and received roundabout 25 answers. In that time I changed my mind once. Nevertheless I feel I know what I want. I just want to make a considered decision and don't think I have kept dozens of persons busy for hours. I really don't see a problem here but I don't want to stir up lengthy discussion or displeasure among the members of this forum. I'm sorry If I have violated the conventions among Buick aficionados. Maybe it's the best to close the thread.

Taking one's time to make the right choice on a large investment of time and money is just being smart.  Nobody is being forced to lend any time to this.  If you come across something and want to share, great.  If not, then keep your time to yourself and that is fine too.

Maybe 6262 thought some good leads would be generated here that would be "off the beaten path"; that is not unreasonable.  Give the guy a break.  This is supposed to be a helpful community for gosh sake.

• Like 1

Taking one's time to make the right choice on a large investment of time and money is just being smart.  Nobody is being forced to lend any time to this.  If you come across something and want to share, great.  If not, then keep your time to yourself and that is fine too.

Maybe 6262 thought some good leads would be generated here that would be "off the beaten path"; that is not unreasonable.  Give the guy a break.  This is supposed to be a helpful community for gosh sake.

Well said Lancemb!!!

How about this one 6262?  Not sure on the color, says Gray, but that could mean primer. 

http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/5188759385.html

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)

Thanks. You have perfectly understood my intentions and thoughts and summed it up correctly. And as I said, I have had a professional inspection of the the Iowa car, so there is a serious interest beyond asking in forums. Moreover it wasn't my idea to ask here because I'm unwilling to search the usual places. Sometimes somebody has a project car that is lingering around for years or even decades. Despite not having it advertised maybe the owner wants to use the occasion to get rid of it. For such a question their shouldn't be a better place than a Buick-community.

• Like 1