They all start with the letter C

My latest acquisition joins a 31 Cadillac in the garage, and replaces a 66 Corvette. These things are "different animals", but I have always wanted one.

post-142660-0-51015900-1439264681_thumb.

post-142660-0-59924800-1439264698_thumb.

post-142660-0-62324500-1439264885_thumb.

Great looking "C" car!  Cords are very nice drivers, comfortable at freeway speeds if all your mechanicals are in good condition.  Notice it is a Standard, as opposed to a supercharged, personally I like the clean lines without the outside exhaust, but I'm prejudiced since my phaeton is a Standard also!

The electro-pneumatic shifting can be interesting at times, a lot of wire, switches, and mechanical parts, that all have to operate correctly.  Using vacuum from the engine, a lot of people have found that the full vacuum is actually too much force (or, more correctly, the vacuum allows atmospheric pressure to be too much force on the other side of the shifting cylinders bladders), and there's actually a vacuum reducing valve that's marketed so that it's adjustable.  When I was working on my transmission, I accidently kinked the large copper vacuum line, and somehow it was just the perfect restriction, and my car shifts very smoothly.

Have fun with it, guaranteed to draw a crowd....

Sounds like you know your way around these babies! You're fortunate to also own a Packard and a Pierce. Guess one really needs to be like that fellow who sold his collection at RM Hershey last year - he had at least one car that covered every letter in the alphabet!