For Sale 1948 2262 Deluxe Eight $3400 Runs & Drives

60FlatTop

post-89785-0-62684100-1439211392_thumb.j

Don't forget pictures tell little white lies.

I am planning to list three of my cars for sale. This is the one I have owned the shortest time so it's not my typical "stick the key in and go anywhere" car. It is licensed, insured, and I can drive it up to town for coffee.

The car shows 32,000 miles with no documentation. I think it spent a good portion of the 1980's and 1990's in an outdoor museum near Pittsburgh, Pa. It needs paint. You can sit in the interior without getting creepy feelings and some of the upholstery looks good, some I am afraid to uncover.

The car has a new clutch and takes off smooth enough to crack walnuts on the floor of the garage.

I put a new long battery in it. The previous owner put four new Coker tires on it, painted the wheel, and had a brake job done. The fuel tank was removed cleaned and new fuel and brake lines run.

The swam hood ornament, tail light bezels, and license light bezel have been nicely replated. The lights and grille were removed by the PO to do the plating and paintwork that never got done. I have a new tail light harness kind of installed and all the lights need to be hooked up (hopefully after painting).

I repaired the lower driver's door hinge, so that's good now. The car is tight and solid with some crunchy rust in the edge of the floor and trunk.

It's not a bad car and priced pretty reasonable. Located between Rochester and Buffalo, New York at zip 14420.

The other two are the black '94 Impala SS @ $9500 and the '86 Buick Park Ave convertible @ $9500, as well. Those are the go anywhere cars.

About 2 1/2 months of northern car enjoyment is left this year. The Packard can take you to coffee and, with work over the winter, be a good tour car.

This year everything ran and it was a pain moving them around in a small garage. I'm thinning down to the '64 Riviera I bought when I was 30 and my '60 Electra. Let's see how long that lasts...

Bernie 585-797-7421